Chapter 6

A/N: Chapter 6. Comment and vote! Thanks for reading. XOXO

--Viviane15

>>Image: what I picture Ryons to look like.<<

We all stared in awe at the brave little omega.

We all felt bad, sure, but stating something like that without permission from his mate was insane. Garret was staring at Mason in a way you could practically picture the words, "who are you and what did you do with Mason?" running though his head. "I-I Mase-Mason you can-cant---" he stuttered looking helplessly at the omega.

Mason gave him a level look. "When we mated, you said you'd give me the world if I asked."

"I-I did but--"

"I want kids. You want a heir don't you? Someone to continue your legacy? Kids don't just fall out of the sky, Garret. This has got to be some form of fate!" Mason's excitement was clear. I thought back to our conversation. Maybe this would make the little wolf happy?

He gave a very convincing argument for an almost eighteen year old. But really, he was still a child--far to young to care for children. Garret on the other hand--he had to be, what? Twenty-three? Twenty-four? Garret looked at the pup who had looked surprised at Mason's bold exclamation but had nuzzled up to him as he was his mother. Then at the bloody rags wrapped a round the small body of a little infant girl, born minutes ago. "Mason, baby, you're too young," he tried gently. "I mean--don't you want to enjoy your youth a bit more?"

"What youth?" He demanded. "I'm mated. Nearly an adult. My childhood has been over ever since you put your teeth into my shoulder. I'm ready Garret. Even if you're not."

Garret looked very much unhappy and bordering on anger as well. "It's a bit soon to even consider all this," my father through in. "We'll wait until the Spruce alpha gets here. If he makes a claim on either of these pups, they'll go to him."

The situation was awkward enough, a dead prostitute still bleeding out in the holding chamber, a squirming infant beginning to fuss, an eight year old clinging to an omega who's mate was glowering at him in a way that had my own mate up in arms. Oh. And did I mention the fact that the red-head just growled, "Mate."

Now, we all looked at each other with muddled confusion, unsure of who exactly was her mate. I considered it to be an elaborate prank of kinds to make a clean and quick getaway before he father showed up, but a rather broken looking Jakckson, teetering dangerously on three legs appeared, staring hungrily at her. "Jesus," Andrew breathed, looking at the mess of a werewolf in awe.

He whined, eyeing the girl desperately. "How dare you talk to me like that, in front of our alpha?!"

I swung to see Garret holding Mason's arm far too tightly, the boy tumbling a few feet away no doubt due to a push. Fear glimmered in Mason's blue eyes as he struggled a bit. "You're hurting me. Let go."

The dry whack filled the room as Garret slapped the omega. Arrow let out a furious snarl, his father grabbing him before he nearly got himself just as hurt as Jackson. I quickly pushed Garret into the cave wall, pushing a very much stunned Mason back. "Garret. Get a hold on yourself."

His eyes were a flat black, his wolf clawing at the surface, hands curling and uncurling. I could only imagine the amount of damage he could cause an omega in the state he was in. "Calm down," I said again, getting ready to shift. "I don't want to have to hurt--"

A huge black wolf slammed into my human form, knocking me into the far wall with enough force to make dark splotches dance in my vision. The beast's teeth gnashed as he tried to get to my throat. "Sam!" yelped Arrow.