XLIX

I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes trailing on every inch of my body, my face contorted in a questionable expression as I looked at what I adorned myself in.

"You look amazing!" San said in awe as he looked at me from top to bottom.

"Thanks, are you sure this will work though?" I asked him and he he nodded subtly before giving two thumbs ups.

"You will look extravagant tonight!" San smiled as he fixed his tuxedo.

"Where are we going again?" I asked him as we walked out of the dressing room and towards the antique car, well for me.

"Tonight is the masquerade ball hosted by the richest man in New York! But we need an invitation to get in there without scaring the guests," San explained as we hopped in his speedy car.

"Do we have an invitation?" I asked him and he gave me a small grin before burying his hand in his pocket and taking out a white envelope.

"Thank Yongbok, his sister is the wife of a very rich man, he got the chance for an invitation thanks to her," San said as he pulled out from the driveway, the silence welcoming us again as we let the cold breeze of air caress our faces.

I looked down on my attire once again, my bare thighs were exposed and I never wore something so... skimpy in since forever.

I wore a white sequin dress with some lace patterns embroided, it was a long gown and reached down to my ankles. My cleavage was exposed since I was wearing nothing in my sleeves area and I wore matching white heels with my white purse and white glittery mask to wear. I also wore white gloves to match my long gown. And my hair was twisted into a nice bun with a curled portion of my hair was left on both sides of my face.

San wore a simple navy blue tuxedo with a white button-up and a black bowtie. He wore matching blue jeans and black shoes and his black hair was slicked back.

After a few minutes, San entered an open gate and my eyes widened at what was displayed infront of me.

There was a huge fountain, and there were trees that stood around the huge mansion that was painted in white and there were little swirls decorating it. There were floors stacked above each other and lights were shining through the huge windows. I could already hear the clinking of wineglasses from here as I looked at the wide door that was waiting for us to open.

"I'll be at the parking lot. Remember, it's all on you. Yongbok told me that the culprit is somewhere in this venue, just run over here if you need some help," San told me as he handed me the invitation.

I just realised we only have one invitation.

"Then what are you gonna do in that parking lot?" I asked him and he grinned at me.

"I'll keep watch and stay as your driver, you go there and find that person!" San told me and I nodded before clicking my heels towards the front door, wobbling a bit because I don't wear any heels often.

(Play "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift)

"Invitation no entry," a guy told me as he towered over me with his large frame.

"Here," I said as I handed him the invitation, he took it and checked it carefully before nodding to himself.

"Enjoy the party ma'am," he smiled and I nodded at him before walking inside the party.

And I could say it was a party. The huge chandelier was covering us and there were long tables of food surrounding the ballroom. The people smelled rich and power, they were dressed in the most luxurious night gowns, and each of them had beautiful eye masks on their faces, and some were being served glasses of wine.