Chapter 2 :The Party (part i)

They say death hurts, i say guilt hurts more as death comes once but guilt is the slow pain killing you everyday

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bondita and batuk were sitting in study room playing chess

kya baat hai Bondita.. Tera dhyaan kha hai? He asked looking at Bondita who was lost in her dreamland.

Haaa, yhi toh hai.. Kyu kya hua.. She said

Yhi dhyaan hai toh bta ghoda kitne kadam chalta hai he asked her..

2.5.. Pr kyu she asked not knowing that she just moved her horse diagonally instead of2. 5 steps

Toh yeh kya hai.. Said Batuk pointing toward her wrong move.. He saw her expression changing from shocked to confused to sad.

Bondita ab bta kya hua hai tujhe, he asked with concern..

Mai preshan ho gyi hu Angrezo se.. Said Bondita exaggerating the part..

Toh isme nayi baat kya hai.. Said Batuk..

He know she absolutely hated britishers.. When 3 year back Anirudh asked her to go to London to complete her Barristery she stood firmly against him saying she wont go to their country and will stay in her country to complete her further studies. Even when Anirudh was persistent knowing the standard of education is better over there.. She asked him only one question that why he didn't practiced Barristery under Britishers when it could have give him name, fame and more experience.. He was speechless.. At that Batuk realised no man can speak in front of his wife, even if it is his gold medalist dada.. Batuk smiled a bit thinking about his thaughts.

Mai yha preshan hu.. And tum has rhe ho... She asked.. Sounding angry..

Nhi nhi Baudi.. Vo toh mai bs.. Aap btaiye na.. Kya hua hai.. Said Batuk scared.. He knows that angry bondita is dangerous...

Mera yeh last year hai college ka and tum toh jante hi ho.. British culture ke according last year mai ballroom dance hota hai.. Jo sbhi student ka attend krna compulsory hai.. Said Bondita with a said expression.

Though the college was in india.. But since education was brought by britishers.. There culture was followed.

Sbhi ladkia apne pati ke saath vha aaengi.. But mere pati babu toh.. She took a deep sigh and paused knowing that it will be difficult for her to speak ahead.

But batuk cut her and said.. Saudamini didi ke dhoke ke baad.. Har uss chiz se nafrat krne lge jo unse judi hai.. Chahe vo dance ho ya tennis...

Hearing this bondita looked above her eyes showing pain.

Kabhi kabhi mujhe lgta hai sari glti meri hi hai.. Her voice was choking as she will cry any minute.

Mujhe bachpan se hi pata tha tunhara dimaag ghutne mai hai.  Haar baar sabit krne ki kya jrurat hai.. Said Batuk plainly..

Seeing Bondita 's shocked expression Batuk continued jo bhi hua.. Usne saudamini di ki glti thi tumne kya kiya..

Agar mai barrister babu ke jeewan mai nhi aati.. Toh kya krte nhi vo saudamini di se shadi.. Fir kya krti saudamini di vaisa.. She said experiencing the worst kind of pain.. It was like as if her each word were piercing her heart...

Batuk knew she was guilty.. And this guilt is eating her up.. She is losing herself due to this guilt.. She has lost her rebel personality and is not even fighting for her love from the very day when his dad mercilessly broke her heart by telling her the truth in the most cruelest way.