Do you really?

Shiro stood by the bedroom door and watched his precious daughter sleeping peacefully. It had been an eventful day, and it was a happy but tired girl that went to bed. The usual shy Ikumi was gone, and instead, she cheerfully chatted away with Dorian and Finian, leaving both Shiro and Deion stunned. They didn't recognise the girl, but it was such a positive thing that they were just happily watching her have fun with the two McCallisters. Ikumi quickly discovered that they had a popular dance game and the house was soon filled with laughter as Dorian and Ikumi danced to one of Shiro's songs. When Dorian later that evening got a big hug from Ikumi, her father had serious trouble keeping himself from crying. It was such a sweet thing, and he was so relieved. Everything went much better than Shiro would ever have dared to hope. The good feeling was especially strong after Finian told him that both Eamon and Caoimhe wanted to come home immediately after learning that Ikumi was there.

When Ikumi was ready to go to bed, Deion and Dorian left the house. Dorian was going to show Deion the apartment he would use for the time being. Just the thought that his best friend was going to sleep in the same bed were he and Dorian bonded made Shiro blush, and he couldn't look at Deion when the man left. Shiro guessed Dorian noticed because the tall blond man just grinned at him and winked before he walked out the front door after Deion.

Shiro was relieved that Dorian and Deion was getting along. If Dorian was still jealous, then he hid it very well because the two alphas acted like they been friends for years. Shiro was absolutely delighted that his mate and his best friend laughed together as they spent the evening playing games on the telly.

"Are she sleeping?"

Shiro turned around at the sound of Finian's voice. The alpha was standing in his pyjamas, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah, she fell asleep after just a few minutes. But a lot happened today, so she was really exhausted," Shiro said and walked up to Finian.

"I can't even begin to express how grateful I am that you were willing to open your home for us. But thank you so much for this."

"There's no need for you to thank me, Shiro. You and Ikumi are a part of the family. This is your home as much as it is ours."

The red-haired man put his hand on Shiro's shoulder, and he had a gentle smile on his face.

"Well, I'm grateful to you. So which time will Eamon and Caoimhe be back tomorrow? I want to prepare Ikumi for it."

The two men started talking while walking towards the living room. Eamon and Caoimhe would be home around 10 am, and Finian had decided to work from home. Shiro had only a photoshoot 2 pm, and Ikumi would come with him, but before they would meet the two McCallister siblings.

Finian and Shiro started talking about the days to come, getting their calendars synchronised and sat down at the couch and talked about the upcoming family dinner. Shiro wasn't nervous anymore. Ikumi would be there, and Deion was also invited. And Shiro had already meet Dorian's father, Simon and his brother Lucas. The only person Shiro hadn't meet yet was Keith, the patriarch of the McCallister's. But if Dorian and Finian were telling the truth, Keith was nothing like Shiro's mother, the matriarch of the Nakamura family. Keith McCallister was, according to Dorian, was a kind person, and Finian told Shiro that Keith and Dorian were very much alike. So Shiro was convinced that he would get along well with Keith. Because he really loved everything about Dorian. Even that stubborn, rather childish side he had.

"We also need to prepare for Dorian's heat. It will most likely start at the beginning of next week."

Finian was looking down at his phone while he talked, and his words took Shiro by surprise. Of course Dorian would go into heat, it was just that Shiro hadn't thought of it at all. It'd been years since he was in a relationship, and Kei's heats had never been particularly strong. Barely so the dominant Shiro could feel it. Not like Shiro's mothers. It was with discomfort Shiro remembered when his mother went into heat, and he had to stay at his grandparent's house for days. And when the young boy finally could come home again, his father was always covered in bruises, with bite marks on his neck. The sight scared the young Shiro, and it made him realise early on that there was a difference between alphas as well. So it was with mixed feelings Shiro thought of the next week.