Calm

Calm

By the time Rox got better our summer was reaching a rough ending.Derek's worry level of Rox shot rocketing fast over these two months.He even pushed back my moms wedding date till next summer after we graduate.Rox is fine,well back to her normal self really.I just hope this stupid press conference doesn't stress her too much.It's already pissin' me off by the hour.

"I have a question for Carmen!"someone yelled catching into my attention below.

All the questions and flashing lights of cameras constantly going on for hours it seems.First sits Derek, Mom, Roxi then me,Tigers with his nanny backstage. We're all dressed up in "rich people" attire which of course I hate.A t-shirt and jeans was apparently not my options on Jason's clothing rack.Oh Jason?He's Rox and I's fashion stylist for public events like this one.This time I'm dressed in a fancy black leather skirt,a leopard print button down with this fancy thousand dollar leather jacket and Chanel purse.Roxi is in somethin' similar just in a conservative dress.

"Carmen dear?"my mother grinned telling me to sit up before answering.

"Yeah?"I spat rudely into the mic.I could have sworn I heard Derek's heart beat.

"Haha how do you feel about your Mother engaged to Senator Harrington?"some guy with the same camera that boy bought me asked.A wave of anger rushed to my face,but I realized how dumb it was to think of him anyways.

"What do you except me to say?"I asked.

The guy laughed."Well I don't know,maybe ahh I think it's great or I love my family?"

"Good answer,but your wrong."everyone was staring directly at me.Even the sign language lady stopped.

"I do love my family,just it doesn't matter if you care or not.Any of you for that matter!"I stood up."Why do you care?We're only human as you so don't ask a stupid question like that again."I gestured calmly ending.

"May I ask what happened in Hawaii?"a woman said moving in front with a mic.

I could feel Roxi teasing.

"No you may not lady!"I pointed.

"But why?"she snapped amused to find out.

"I'm a teenager,Roxi's a teenager.We were in Hawaii on summer break,that's my answer because why do you care?Answer that."

A bunch of other reporters began shouting rapidly snapping pictures of only me.

"Okayyy...that is all."Derek's manger said through the mic quickly getting us out mostly me,out of there.

...

"What were you thinking young lady?"Derek's manger roared.The gray hairs on his bald scalp were wet with sweat but his eyes were calm and relaxed.

"Why do they care?"I snapped.

"Well they do now!"he through his arms up around me spinning me around.

"I thought that was your job."I managed towards Derek getting a laugh out of the room we were in.

"I have to admit,I had no idea where you were going with that."my mother laughed hugging me.

"Yes,but you could have handled that much better."Derek sighed rubbing my shoulder.

"Can we get a picture for your Instagram sir?"A young intern asked grabbing the "business" iPad.Trust me I had to find that out the hard way.A Badgirls club retweet got me in trouble last week,I wonder how many likes will get for this?

"Oh and Derek remember the..."some old guy on his team whispered.

"Oh right......guys I have a huge surprise."Derek smiled standing in front of us.

"We're moving!"

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW