~if only~ pt.2

oh ! remember when i first met your mom ? not your dad just your mom . i love her really . she's nothing like what i thought she would be . you and her were alike , so very similar . yet you chose to go after your father . it's a shame really .

*FLASHBACK*

"you've helped him so much ," narcissa says to you , "do you know that ?" she grabbed your hand from across the table .

"no . ?" you said . you hadn't even realized draco was different now . he wasn't a bully anymore , and he was calmer .

"quite a lot really , he talks about you nonstop ," her words making you smile . "he truly loves you ," she said . he- he loved you ?

"h-he does ?" you asked back , hesitating . she looked up at you . a look of realization flooded over her face .

"i wasn't supposed to say ! i'm sorry ," she blurted . you loved her , you had only met her 3 weeks ago but she and you got along swell . you had a huge smile on your face , you couldn't see it but you felt it .

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"i just don't get it ," you said playing with cedrics hair while he laid on you lap . "why would they do that ," you said quieter then before . cedric got up from your lap .

"they shouldn't have done that ." he said calmly . you knew what he was going to say . "it caused more emotional damage than malfoy would've caused ." he said . you were sort of shocked . he hadn't said something like 'it was for your own good' he understood . 

"i love you cedric ," you said staring at his side profile . he turned his face and stared at you .

"i love you too y/n , but i've got to get going ," he said standing up . you stood up too giving him one last hug before he was off . you really did , you loved cedric . he had always been there for you . even when all of his friends thought otherwise .

you pulled out your journal to write .

cedric- my moon . he knew my deepest secrets . he had all of my love . even when i thought i had nothing left . cedric... my best friend . cedric.. my love .

next day

you dragged yourself to herbology . you actually loved that class . you loved seeing neville . he were the sweetest thing . so gentle , soft .

"y/n !" you heard neville say . finally . a chance to get away from all this doom and gloom . if you could've been anywhere , you'd be here with neville . but also add cedric , and draco . you ran up to him and hugged him . "ive missed you !!" he said into your shoulder . you hadn't seen neville much recently . you didn't want him to see you sad so you mainly just avoided him .

"i've missed you too nevy !" you said saying his old nickname you gave him . he hugged you tightly , you didn't mind . you really enjoyed talking to neville . although lots of others didn't you did .

*2 hour time skip*

you saw cedric run up to you as a smile came across your face .

"excited to see me ?" he joked walking at your side . you punched him lightly in the arm .

"y/n i've got a question ," he said stopping to sit on a fallen log .

"okay . ask away ," you said . his hand slightly grazed yours before he quickly moved it away .

"i . . i need your help with something ," he said looking up at you . you were getting slightly worried .

"alright , well go on ced spit it out ," you said eager to figure out what it was .

"have you had your first kiss yet ?" he asked you staring at the ground . you mentally laughed , has he not?

"yeah ," you said looking at him . he had his head still down .

"c-can you help me ?" he said , "i don't know how to kiss anyone ." now that was hilarious . you didn't laugh . he was genuinely concerned .

"sure , it's easy ," you said smiling at him . he finally looked up at you . "just go like this ," you said . you looked each other in the eyes .

"cedric , i- um i really like you and . ." you trailed off . looking back and forth between cedrics eyes and his mouth . this felt real . this was real .

"i really want to kiss you right now y/n . ." cedric said staring into your eyes . you wanted to kiss him . if you didn't have butterflies before you had them now .

"then . . do it ," you said still staring back and forth . and he pressed his lips against yours .

you both pulled away from the kiss . he just hugged you . you hugged him back . his arms made you feel safe . you wanted to stay here with cedric forever .

if only . .