~i always thought~

this story isn't necessarily a "flashback" but it's sort of a letter, if you will. anyways enjoys

dear draco,

i know you're probably thinking 'god how many times is this girl going to write' and the answer is... until i'm back with you. i cant sleep at night nor can i eat during the day. the only motivation i have is to write to you even though you don't write back. cliche, i know. but i can't help myself. i find it harder and harder to get out of bed with your memory still lingering by my side like old times. remembering days when you stood up for me. back then it meant so much, and it still does. merlin... i would give anything just to see you one last time, one last time i'd give to tell you i love you. although it may be a little much to ask for. but just a glimpse. just anything other than you in the mirror, the you i know i can't have. the you i know i don't have. you know i've been sleeping in the hallways now? yeah. the slytherin common room is the hardest to go through, with your name fresh out of peoples mouths. and it's not because i hate you- or your name- or your presence. i just hate remembering you. i don't want to forget but i wish i could. i wish i could forget, i wish i didn't remember and i wish you and i never even met. maybe this wouldn't have been so hard for me. maybe it would've been easier for me. even with the evidence i most importantly wish you were still here. i know you couldn't help it, but i wish you would've fought it. just for a little longer, i wish i had gotten the chance to say 'i love you' and not just goodbye. i love you. draco lucius malfoy, i love you. i'm saying it again, draco malfoy i love you. please just come back, i love you.

~ love, y/n