3

After reading the soulmates' story, Sam insisted on Castiel to try to heal Gabriel, which would heal (Y/n). Though the ex-angel informed Sam that a regular angel couldn't heal an archangel, the Winchester pushed him to at least try.

'Will it actually work?' (Y/n) asked through her mind. She didn't want to stay bloodied or all cut up either. And she hated the way Sam was looking at her. It made her feel a bucket load of guilt and an inch of fear.

Gabriel side-glanced at her while Castiel placed a hand on the archangel's head. 'No. He's not powerful enough to heal me.' He hated that for (Y/n) to heal, he needed to heal first. Curse his Father for that one. 'I'm sorry.'

Castiel had his eyes closed, his brows furrowed, trying to focus on Gabriel. "I must reiterate-- an angel can't heal an archangel." He frowned further, coming across some thoughts crossing between (Y/n) and Gabriel. "I'm trying to jolt his mind into thinking straight... but it's difficult with both their minds bonded." Finally pulling away with a sigh, Castiel looked at Sam, shaking his head. "Even then, Sam, Gabriel... he and (Y/n)... it's possible they're just lost."

Sam pressed his lips into a thin line, disappointment, and hurt in his expression. "Even her...? Can you try to heal her?"

"If I cannot heal Gabriel, then I cannot heal (Y/n)." Castiel looked down at the female Winchester. Her head was resting on the archangel's shoulder. "His grace is connected to her. Her soul is connected with his. With the 'full bond' in place, as well as the 'moderate bond' as well, (Y/n) cannot heal unless Gabriel is healed."

Castiel shortly left after that, leaving Sam alone with his twin and her soulmate. He saw (Y/n) tug on one of Gabriel's sleeves and point with her eyes to the headboard. They were communicating, but neither would speak out loud.

Sam pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh. They weren't going to talk. There was no getting to them. So, he rose out of the office chair and made his way to the door. Stopping right in front of it, hand on the nob, Sam turned around. "Gabriel. (Y/n). You have to dig yourselves out of this hole. Look, I know you guys think it's safer inside: No more torture, no more pain," he watched his sister flinch. "No more expectations... I've been there. (Y/n), you've been down that road before.

"You were nothing like your family either, Gabriel. You sure as hell weren't like your dad. Once again, so were you (Y/n). And just like you two, I got out... Or I-I thought I got out." Sam pressed his lips into a thin line, remembering how he got dragged back in. He slowly stepped towards the bed. "But then... my family needed me. And this is my life. No matter how many times I tried to fight it, this is what I was put here to do." His voice rose to a shout as he pointed at himself, (Y/n) lifted her eyes tiredly.

"This is where I make the world a better place. And... sure... yeah, the apple pie life in Monte Carlo with porn stars as neighbors sounds great- but your family needs you. Gabriel, Jack, your nephew, needs you. The world needs you. We need you two." Sam's voice broke as he met his sister's dull (e/c) eyes.

"(Y/n)... Gabriel... I need you."

'Gabriel...' (Y/n) turned her gaze away from her brother and removed her head from her soulmate's shoulder. The archangel kept a straight face as his soulmate stared at him. 'I can't... I can't talk, Gabriel. Please, talk to Sam.'

Seeing that they weren't going to answer, Sam ignored the tears about to fall from his eyes, nodded, then turned away to walk to the door again.

"Porn stars." Sam snapped his head back, a hopeful look on his face. Gabriel looked up at the male Winchester. "They were porn stars, Sam." His black pupils flashed blue, and there was a hint of blue in (Y/n)'s iris' at the show of her soulmate's grace.

'Thank you...'