15

After the conversation involving (Y/n), everything slowly fell back into hunting Sleipnir and Loki. The twins were working with one another to put together bullets while Dean finished filling his duffel bag up.

Sam found it nice to be able to do something like this without (Y/n) flinching away. There was even a small smile on her face when Sam helped her if her hands started to shake. It felt like old times.

"Alright, Uma, what's the plan?" Dean asked Gabriel as he threw a bag over his shoulder.

Gabriel walked over to the case of wooden swords and sighed, checking to make sure they were all accounted for. "Welp, Sleipnir is a lot of things, but he is mainly a coward." He clicked the suitcase shut and turned around. "I bet all the personal lubricant in the S.F.V. that after we killed Narfi, he ran straight back to papa's skirts."

"So... he and Loki will be together," Sam said, looking up from making the bullets. "That's great. How do we find them?"

Ah. "They're about a five-minute drive from here," Gabriel replied nonchalantly, ignoring Sam and Dean's faces. "Penthouse of the Ophidian hotel."

"Seriously?" "You've known this the whole time?"

Gabriel made a face, shocked at their reaction mixed with one saying: 'duh'. "Well sure! That's what Loki does. He rolls into a dump town, finds the seediest motel, then uses some mojo to give it his patented Cinderella treatment. Loki has his fun... then he moves on. (Y/n) and I've been tracking him since Amarillo."

Dean narrows his eyes. "And you didn't go after him. Why?"

" 'Cause that's-" Gabriel made another face, saying: 'Why would you ask such a thing? It's obvious'. Rolling his eyes, he continued, "...For the most satisfying retributive experience, everyone knows you don't take on the Big Bad from the jump. You work up to him like so."

He started to pat his pockets, searching for the sheet of paper. (Y/n) shoved her hand through one of her jacket pockets and pulled out the sheet. 'Oops, sorry.' She stood up from her chair and handed it to Dean, not knowing how it had slipped into her pocket. After her brother took it, she moved to stand behind Gabriel, wrapping her arms around his waist and placing her head on one of his shoulders.

Little contact had been made, so the soulmates needed to be touching each other again.

Dean read the paper, closed his eyes for a moment, then looked up at the two. "What am I looking at?"

The archangel's smile slowly dropped. He looked between Sam and Dean. "You- You've never seen a kill-list before? Wow." Dean looked up and rolled his eyes. "Hmm... okay," Gabriel cleared his throat and pointed down the list of names. "There's Fenrir, Narfi, Sleipnir, and then last but not least- Loki." Dean nodded along at each name, while Sam already looked done with the situation. "I'm killing all his sons in order. And then, when he's got nothing left, I take him out."

'Dean's gonna say this is stupid,' (Y/n) told Gabriel. Though it's been nearly eight years since they've been around each other, she can still pinpoint parts of him that most likely stuck around.

The eldest hunter let out a breathy laugh. "This is so stupid." His green eyes trailed to his sister's (e/c) eyes. "And you agree with this completely? Thi-This isn't at all ridiculous to you?"

(Y/n) shrugged, mouthing 'no'. 'Told you so.' She let go of Gabriel, straightening her posture. A thick notebook with the motel's name on it made its way into her hands. Using the pen on the table beside her, she wrote what she wanted to say. (Y/n) presented it to her brothers. 'As long as Loki gets what he deserves, I'm okay with it.'

Gabriel narrowed his eyes and snatched the paper back. (Y/n) felt anger bubbling up from him. Therefore it took over her. "Really? Is it? 'Cause let me tell you something," his fiery whiskey eyes flickered back and forth between the brothers. "Seven years is a long-ass time for us to plan a personal brand of vengeance. So if you guys aren't gonna get onboard-"

A red flag popped up in Sam's mind, which drove him to interfere. He stood up, letting out a series of "no's," interrupting Dean's reply. "We're on board," he gave the soulmates a small smile, cocking the gun in his hand before turning to his brother. "Right, Dean?"

The eldest grunted in response.

Gabriel leaned forward, raising his hand to his ear. "I'm sorry- what was that?"

Dean held back a snarky remark with a silent sigh. "Sure."

Gabriel's mouth twitched to a mock smile, and his hand fell. "Peachy." Then the smile fell again. "So here's what we're gonna do: We go in, we kill Sleipnir, and then we surprise Big Daddy in the penthouse." The case full of wooden swords was in one of his hands, while the other took (Y/n)'s. "Easy peasy like a breezy."

Before they stepped out, Sam held a gun out to his sister. "You're going to need one of these." He had a feeling she wouldn't be committing the murder, considering how hesitant she was around conflict.

(Y/n) looked down at the weapon, her face paling. What happened with the wooden sword was out of instinct and the need to protect her brother. After fleeing all those years ago, she told her soulmate that a weapon would never be put in her hands again. Never.

'Gabriel...' She was hesitant. She didn't know whether to break that promise to herself again. Her angel told her that he would do the killing, not wanting the promise to resurface and cause panic once more. 'Should I...'

"(Y/n), you'll..." Gabriel wanted her to be safe, even if she was by his side. But swearing to herself on never touching a weapon again (because they thought nothing would ever happen like this) wasn't going to do much good against Loki and his child. Instead of having her take the gun, he let go of the case for a moment and snapped his fingers, a wooden dagger appearing on his soulmate's belt. "Only use that if you need to, okay? Hopefully, you won't have to do much."

That sent a quick message to both Sam and Dean that their sister had given up hunting. The only fighting she seemed to do was protecting herself and a mental fight.

Neither brother knew how long it would last after defeating Loki.