Brett's Birthday Part 2

The silence of Alice's house still remain. Only the sound of the clock ticking there, accompanying Alice and Eddy who began to worry about Brett.

It is eight o'clock in the evening now and Brett still hasn't back.

"It's okay, he'll be back soon." Eddy keeps stroking Alice's back, trying to calm her down from panicking too much. However, it is undeniable that he also started to worry about the situation. Eddy already tried to contact his best friend a while ago, but no luck.

The original plan was that this day they would eat and play together, the three of them. Alice prepared everything. But... it seems like not.

Half an hour had passed, Alice suddenly rise from her seat. "Hey, it's late. You should go home, Eddy."

"Are you going to be okay?" Asked Eddy confusely looking at Alice.

"I think he will be so late. He must have eaten anyways," said Alice. She turns to Eddy. "Besides, we can celebrate it on another day, right?"

"Then... what about... your gift?" asked Eddy, pointing towards to one corner of Alice's room.

Alice stare at where is Eddy pointing, giving a blank expression to the gift she has bought yesterday. Alice smiled faintly. Something so dear to her, to him as well.

"I'll give it to him later."

--

It's ten pm and Brett's still not back. Alice was just about to go to sleep when she heard a banging sound from the front door.

BUGH!

Alice put her laptop back on the table and immediately opens the door. Her eyes widened when she saw someone lying there unconcious.

"OH MY GOD, BRETT!!" she shouts frantically. Alice immediately carries the man into her house.

Alice puts Brett's body onto the sofa, letting the man rest there. His body smelled like alcohol, his face have bumps. Alice sighed, then immediately took out the first aid kit.

The burden on her heart grew even more as Alice treated Brett's wound and put a bandage on his forehead. Alice felt even more nervous when Brett opens his pale eyes.

He sighed. "Alice..."

Alice leans away and smiled slightly. "Brett... Are you okay?"

Alice hold back her curiosity about what happened, trying to put Brett's condition first in priority. Brett suddenly sit up and looked at the clock. Then he looked at Alice again. "It's ... already ten o'clock? I... Ahh..."

Brett's body fell to the sofa again, he stills feel tired. His head ached.

"It's okay, Brett. Don't move too much. You have to rest. I'll escort you to your room, okay?" Alice said soothingly.

Brett nods, unable to resist Alice's shattering. He was taken to his room and helped to lie down.

"Good night, Brett." Alice enveloped her lover. "Get some rest, okay?"

Brett couldn't help but nod slowly, obeying her will.

Alice breathe a sigh of relief after Brett closed his eyes. She immediately turn around, wanted to go to sleep too, although she's very worried about him.

"Alice." Brett's large hand suddenly holds her hand. Alice turned around to Brett again with a confused look. Her heart suddenly felt stopped when Brett touches her. The first time in a long time. "Can you accompany me  here tonight?"

---

A new chapter! How is it? :>