Embrace

Alice was shocked when she saw that Brett is already in the front room of her house, like he was waiting for her to come home. Brett smiled to her. "Hey."

Alice smiles sheepishly. "Hey, Brett. Have you been waiting for me?"

"Eh?" His face gets embarrassed, he suddenly scratches his neck awkwardly. "Um, can I... can I have some of your hot chocolate again?"

Alice is silent for a moment, processing what Brett said. The two of them passed through a stiff silence for a moment. Although she makes them a lot, but Brett never ask her to make them first. Alice was always the ones who initiate to make it for him.

"Ah, I-I mean, it's okay if I can't, Alice." Brett suddenly speak again. His voice cracked from pesimistic. His smile slowly disappears.

Alice looks at Brett with a sweet smile. "Of course you can. But, let me get something for you first, okay?"

Brett nods, then smiled a little.

"Come on!" said Alice immediately pulls Brett's hand towards her room. The owner of the hand just lets him being pulled.

While Brett waits in the center of the room, Alice took something in the corner.

"This is... your birthday present." Alice said shyly as she handed him a violin case that she had prepared a while ago, the one that Eddy asked her in Brett's birthday.

Brett widens his eyes at the violin case. "For me?"

Alice nods and look down to hide her embarrassed face. "Maybe Eddy already told you that you used to be a violinist. I bought you a new one so you can practice while you're here."

"Alice..." Brett suddenly feel speechless. "I..."

He reach out his hands, accepting the violin case happily. "Thank you, Alice. I'll treasure it."

Alice smiles with tears. Suddenly her thoughts pushed her to hug Brett. Alice cried there.

"I-uh, Alice...?" Brett returns the hug with his other hand, reflectly. He's shocked, feeling his shoulder got wet the minute Alice hugs him. "What's wrong...?"

Alice immediately let go of her embrace, then wiped her own tears. "No, it's nothing. Let's make the hot chocolate."

"Uh-" Before Brett have the time to answer again, Alice gets away from there, while Brett's just trying to neutralize his heartbeat. After seconds of wondering, Brett finally follows her back to the kitchen, holding back his curiosity.

---

HmMmMm Brett seems started to feel something.. how is it? :>