Epilog 4: A Happy Ending

Alice is again confused by Brett's attitude. After Alice endured her mixed feelings every time she waited for Brett to come home, she is now forbidden from seeing his concerts.

"You don't want me to be in the audience supporting you?" Alice lower her head.

As usual, Brett stroke Alice's hair. "It's okay, dear. We will spend time together tonight, after I finish the concert."

"Really?" Alice looked at Brett sadly. "It's not because of there is something going on with you again, right?"

Brett shake his head. "I'm fine, Alice. Don't worry. I'll let you know when I'm on my way here, okay?"

"Okay, I'll buy bubble tea for you later, when you come home." After that, Brett's gone from her sight, as usual.

Alice sigh, then spent the time at home alone. Again. She still hopes Brett's okay. She wants to trust Brett completely.

--

Alice walks back to her house carrying a plastic bubble tea for herself and Brett. Just now her lover informed her that he's on his way home.

Alice has been typing indistinctly while drinking hot chocolate all day. Since she has no schedule at all, waiting for the evening seemed so long. She's thinking to take a nap after this while she wait for Brett.

Alice put the bubble teas on the table as soon as she got home. She intends to lie down immediately instead of thinking things. However, it turned out that her intention is delayed.

Alice is shocked to hear a sound of a violin as soon as she opens her bedroom lamp. Brett and Eddy emerge from a hiding place and play Butterfly Lovers Concerto.

Alice close the door and fell silent to hear her favorite piece played by her friend and lover with great passion.

The walls of her room were decorated with tiny lights. There's a cloth hanging like a curtain next to the bedroom door, don't know what it is.

Brett smiles as he played his violin, then approached Alice slowly, dance to the mood of the piece.

He put his violin at the nearest table after he plays and smile sheepishly at her. "Hey, Alice."

Alice's face turns red. She looks at Brett and Eddy back and forth. "Wow, that's nice, Brett, Eddy. Why are you all here? Like... T-shirts? Aren't you both from a concert?"

"Yes," Brett smirks. "We have a concert... for you, dear."

"What?" Alice widened her eyes in surprise. "For me?"

"Brett asked me to practice the piece everyday, just to prepare all of this for you," said Eddy. "We bought decorations in the morning, and literally decorated your room in 15 minutes, when you went to buy bubble tea!"

Alice immediately felt weak at Eddy's explanation. She almost wanted to cry looking at Brett. "Awww... you do that for me?"

Brett scratches his neck. "I just thought we didn't have much time to celebrate our special days this year when I had amnesia... I kinda... want to make something for you."

"Gosh, you don't have to...," said Alice still in disbelief. Her hands were still busy rubbing her eyes to prevent her tears falling. "Seeing you recover is enough for me."

Brett smiles, his hands slowly took Alice's. "You've always looked after me, Alice. From the start. I want to thank you for that."

"You might be laughing at me if I put together some sweet words, so... let's just open this together, okay?" Brett said, glancing at the cloth hanging on the wall next to them.

Alice nods. She and Brett hold each center corner of the cloth, they immediately opened it like a curtain with Brett's cue. Some notes from the song, I Can't Help Falling in Love with You, began to sound from Eddy's violin as soon as the cloth was opened.

"B-Brett.... This is....." Alice is truly surprised to see the ornaments Brett and Eddy had made there.

There were flowers, some initials B and A, even alphabet balloons, forming a sacred sentence there.

Brett, again, grabbed Alice's hand firmly, then slowly kneel to his knees. "I'm sorry, Alice. I can only make simple decorations. I know I'm not romantic, but I just want you to know that you're special to me."

"Brett...."

"Um... As it says on the balloons, Alice... will you marry me?" Brett then took out a small box from the pocket of his pants. Those four sacred words made the atmosphere even more speechless for Alice. She can barely felt her body anymore because of the overwhelming happiness.

Alice immediately pull Brett's body to stand slowly and hug him tight. She really cries now. "I can't say no to this!"

Alice exclaimed happiness while wetting Brett's shoulders. Her sobs grew louder, but Brett could only close his eyes and smile. His hand slowly stroked Alice's back. Even he himself didn't believe that he could do something like this. In fact, he felt relieved doing it. So relieved.

"Okay, so where is my bubble tea fee for seeing your proposal, guys?" Eddy suddenly asks after he finished playing. Alice and Brett let go of their arms, laughing at Eddy's joke.

--
THE END :))