Epilog 2: Practicing Again

"Oh, you started your rehearsal routine again?" Alice speak up while eating her dinner with Brett.

Brett nods. "I'll probably be busy everyday because we have a concert next month. Eddy and I want to make sure we play smoothly."

Alice sighs. She's trying to look normal as best as she can. "Okay, I'll be waiting for you at dinner then."

"Uh, no need, Alice. I will be late, and I feel bad if you're sick because of me. You can eat first and have a rest, okay?" said Brett quickly.

Alice puffed her cheeks, but couldn't complain either. From the beginning, Brett has always had his own busy time. Either because of the concert or indeed because of his busy practice schedule. But sometimes the busy times are just bad timing for her. Alice hates being alone at home.

Brett, again, stroke Alice's hair to calm her down, then pinched her cheeks in exasperation.

"Ouch!" Alice rubs her cheek that had been pinched. "Brett!"

Brett laughs. "Don't puff up your cute cheeks, dear. I'll definitely go home. Don't worry."

"Yeah yeah, fine. That's up to you." Alice beg and returned to eat her food. Brett smiles looking at his lover's vent. It tickles him sometimes to see how Alice misses him.

But this won't take long.

--
to be continued :)