Flashbacks

A sound of newspaper flipping sounded in Alice's living room. Brett, who had just read the newspaper, sighed to see what was on the main page.

Alice immediately approaches Brett when she enters the living room. "Any interesting news?"

Brett glance to her, then immediately handed Alice the newspaper. Unlike Brett, Alice immediately widens her eyes at what she read just now.

"Wow... Ellie got arrested?" Alice said incredulously. "Eddy wasn't kidding about dealing with her, huh."

Brett look at Alice with a deadpan face. "Do you know that Ellie loves to do clubbing and stuff?"

Alice stare at Brett in silence. She lower her head and nodded slightly. She didn't have a courage to tell the truth.

"How scary," said Brett. "She's my girlfriend, but she took me to the place I don't like."

Alice smile faintly. Brett still recognizes Ellie as his girlfriend. "Is that why you got hurt that night?"

Brett silents for a moment, then shake his head. "That's... that's for something else..."

"Oh? What happened?" ask Alice curiously.

But Brett shut his mouth. He recalls that night in his mind, hearing Ellie's voice saying to leave Alice echoes in his head. He got beat up because he refused to do it. Somehow, he can't get himself to tell Alice about it.

Alice sigh and pats Brett on the shoulder seeing him froze. "I'll always protect you, Brett. If there's anything wrong, I'll be there for you."

Brett stare silently at Alice. A few moments later, he suddenly feel a headache. His thoughts seemed to be drawing indistinct flashbacks.

"I'll always protect you, Brett."

"I love you, Brett!"

"Awwww, you're so cute!"

"I love you, Alice!"

"Brett, are you okay?!" Alice swiftly catches Brett who, again, falls in front of her. Everything turns dark for Brett.

--
Eddy really showed Ellie to not mess everything up! 🔥 And another flashback has come to Brett. Hope he's alright, how is it? :>