The New Reality

"The surgery was successful. But the bad news is..." Eddy's sentence was interrupted. "He lost all of his memories."

"That means... he won't remember anything about me?"

"I'm sure he's going to remember slowly, Alice. The doctor said if we accompany him, Brett would have recognized us again. He recognized me quite well during his recovery."

"....."

"I've introduced you to Brett as a close friend, so that he doesn't have too much headache. The Doctor is afraid that his stamina will drop again if he's forced to remember other things."

"......"

"You understand right, Alice?" Eddy's voice on the phone looked worried.

Alice nodded. "All right, Eddy. I'll wait for you both to come home, OK? I'll pick you up later."

--

Alice squeeze the photo frame on her table. Brett's smile is there, the only smile she missed the most. She lost count how many days she has hold her feelings to see that beautiful smile again.

"Alice?"

Alice flinched for a second before she glance to the source of the sound. Her eyes catches Brett's presence in front of her door with his green jacket.

"I'm gonna take a walk." He says without any expressions, as usual.

"Oh, let me come with you." Alice stands from her chair and run towards Brett.

Brett put his hands into his pockets, walk away from Alice's room. "It's okay, I can go by myself."

Alice froze in her place. Her eyes looks at Brett's back in silence until his presence dissappears from her view. He walks away with her smile with him.

----

Ayeee come back with a new chapter. Let me know what u think in the comments ❤