Chapter 8

"We are joined the R&B vocalist, Tamar Braxton."

"Thank you for having me." I smile at the radio host, Barry.

" I smile at the radio host, Barry

"No, thank you for joining us." Barry smiles. 

We take a few minutes to ask about eachother's well-being before Barry jumps right it.

"What has been happening with your life?" Barry asks. "We did not get a tour for your last album but there was talks of you making a new album."

I pull a face.

"Then you released an official announcement stating that you was taking a break from music." Barry gives me a quizzical look.

"Let me explain."

"Explain boo." I raise a brow at him. "We want new music."

"I was first in the music industry in my late teens, I was signed to a record label with Towanda and Trina. We made some music but we didn't take off like we thought we would so I started doing my solo music and I just about made it on the charts." I pause for a moment. "My career didn't really start until I turned twenty seven years old and I'm thirty two now. With the way that the music industry changes, you need to be consistent."

"Consistency is key."

"It really is so I've just been making music ever since to keep myself relevant." I chuckle. "I took this break because I needed to. I needed to focus on my personal life and my mental health which was deteriorating." 

"Why?" Barry looks into my eyes. "What's been going?"

I smile sadly, "If you watch Braxton Family Values then you see the rift that is there, that translates in real life too. I don't want to get into all of that but with music, I did record a song with Jelena Knight but that will no longer be released which is fine."

"Are ya'll fighting?" He raises a brow at me.

I laugh at this, "No, Jelena is bae. Jelena Knight is such a good friend of mine and she's been going through her own thing. I can't do nothing but support her on her own personal journey."

"Recently you've been making headlines. From what we've seen and heard, you are dating Chr-"

I cut him off, "Yes I am dating Chris Hemsworth, we have been dating for some time."

"Why keep it a secret?" Barry pops his lips and I laugh a little.

"Keeping it a secret meant that I got to enjoy my relationship without all the eyes and mouths. I got to go on date nights, travel and spend time with my man without people intervening." I pop my lips. "We have had the best time together but we decided that it was time to announce it because we want to enjoy eachother in public."

Barry looks down at his notes before looking up at me, "Big question; is he the one?"

"Define the one." I chuckle.