Respect the Dead

Aries, Cancer and Virgo made their towards the basement where the main mortuary was.

Virgo: what is that smell?

Aries: Rotting souls, what, never smiled one before.

Virgo: No, i never had to deal with this type of stuff.

Aries: lucky you.

Cancer: focus guys

Virgo: On what, what are we even looking for?

Cancer: We're just here to clear out the undead, whether by me and Aries or you, but most likely me and Aries.

Virgo: well alright.

As they made their way deeper in, the stench grew stronger. They stopped at a door where Virgo felt a strong feeling of sadness and anger.

Virgo: this door right here.

Aries kicked open the door.

When they walked they saw piles of corpses, most of them already decomposed to the bone.

Cancer: See anything here.

Virgo: No, but we should bless these bodies just in case.

Aries and Cancer stood guard while Virgo was chanting verses and splashing holy water in the bodies

Virgo: alright, all done. Where to next.

Aries: There's something here, something sinister.

Just them an entity was standing in front of them. It had many faces.

Aries: what is that thing

Cancer: looks like a collection of souls that became one. Possibly the souls that were angered that their bodies were defiled

The entity charged at them, it took Aries and Cancer's strength to hold back the blow.

Aries: Hey, can't you tell that thing we're  here to help.

Virgo: I can't, it won't listen.

Virgo dropped to his knees and covered his ears.

Cancer: Virgo whats wrong?

Virgo: There's so... many.... its too loud.

Cancer and Aries didn't hear anything, but Cancer knew what was going on.

Cancer knelt down next to him:
Its ok, calm down and open your ears, don't listen to all, listen one.

Virgo didnt understand but he uncovered his ears and tried to focus.

"Help me!"
"My body, where's my body?"
"Why would they do that?"
"I'm scared"
"Mommy, Daddy, where are you?"

All these voices were hitting Virgo at once, and then suddenly he started crying.

Aries was still fending of the entity.
Then Virgo stepped in between them.

Aries: What are you doing?

Virgo: its ok, I got this.

Virgo faced the entity.
"Please do not fear me, im am here now and I feel your pain, anger and fear"

The entity lowered its weapon.

Virgo: You don't have to reside here anymore, I'm here to help, if you allow me I can send you to the next stage.

The entity spoke in unison with all the voices.
"Please help us"

Virgo nodded and started chanting
"Oh heavenly father, take the souls, and separate them, so they coin join you as one, heal those who have been hurt, ease those who are angered and guide those who are afraid"

Aries whispered: That can't be it, right?

Cancer: shh, just watch.

The entity started to shrink and one by one they saw each soul go up and dissapeared.

Virgo: well, that's that. Shall we keep going?

After the three of them cleared the basement they made their way up the stairs but the door was locked, Aries tried kicking it down but it didn't budge.

Aries: Shit, what do we do

Cancer: we do what anyone would do in this situation.

Cancer started yelling for help.

Aries looked at Virgo for second and they both joined in.

Little did they know their voices won't be heard due to what's going on in the main house.