Waking Up

Draco looked at everyone.  It looked like they expected him to say something.  What exactly? He had no idea what was going on, and even if he did, it had nothing to do with any of them.  Maybe it did, he didn't know anymore.  Man he was so confused.  He was tired, he had had way too much to drink, and wasn't really in the mood for people.  He desperately needed a shower too.  And he thought with sadness, if Harry was cooped up in his bedroom with fever, there was no way that they would find each other on the couch tonight.  He was pacing frantically, with his hands in his hair.  Everyone was watching his every move.

Embrace it or walk away.  Like any of those choices were easy.  He hated Harry, and yet he loved him.  Wanted to love him so bad.  Wanted to be loved by him, and he was pretty certain that Harry felt the same.  In a way he didn't think he was worthy of the Alpha, but it felt so damn right. Going by the way he had grabbed him twice, and the way he looked at him, he was sure the feelings were mutual.  But he had to be sure.  You don't approach the golden boy, who is about to become the Alpha, on a whim.  With just a guess or a hunch.  No, you made sure of your facts.  That's life, unfortunately.

It looked as if everyone in the room had already made up their minds.  Only Pansy and Blaise were confused.  They had no idea what had just happened, and wanted answers, as the whole mess was unnerving, and it had Draco smack bang in the middle of it.  "Could someone please tell us what the hell is going on?  Harry has a fever, grabs you like it's the end of the world, and you're talking about feeling him while you're miles away at a dance club", she shrieked.  

Draco looked to his mother to please help him with this.  Narcissa knew the look her son had just given her, and whisked Pansy and Blaise away to the dining room to explain everything that she could.  Draco was thankful.  He couldn't deal with them right now.  Believe it or not, right now it felt like all he needed was Harry.  How messed up is that?

Lucius coughed, to bring his son out of his reverie.  Draco looked at his father with a shrug, and said "I don't know Father.  I honestly don't know".  

"Don't you think you should make sure?  Don't you feel anything?", asked Lucius.  Well this was embarrassing, he thought.  His father, who had almost never shown him love, was asking if he was having feelings!  The bloody hypocrite! 

Dumbledore had gone silent.  He was thinking.  He had a smile on his face, that could light up the world.  How fantastic would it be, if Draco were to be the soul mate of the Alpha.  Conflicts all around the world would cease, surely.  If enemies could be soul mates, well then, anything was possible.  It was the perfect match, in his opinion.

Snape looked glum.  A Gryffindor pairing up with a Slytherin.  What was the world coming to?  But he knew he couldn't think like that.  He gave a small smile, and nodded to himself, that perhaps yes, this was going to be a brilliant match.  He could just picture the horror on some of the student's faces when they were told.

Narcissa came back into the sitting room with a dazed looking Pansy and Blaise.  She ran to Draco and threw her arms around him.  "Draco, if this has to be, Blaise and I will be here for you and support you.  through everything", she whispered.  he hugged her back, thanking her and Blaise, so very grateful for their friendship.  The older people in the room looked at them appreciatively. 

Just then Kreacher appeared at the doorway.  "Excuse me Headmaster, Master Harry is waking up Sir", he said shakily.  "I think the fever has broken, but he is very thirsty, and has a headache.  He will be taking a hot shower, and then I will prepare some fresh food for him if that is all right".

Dumbledore said thank you, they would wait for Harry in the sitting room.  Draco was panicking.  He didn't know if he should stay or leave.  He didn't want Harry to pin him against the wall again in front of everyone, he'd rather that happen behind closed doors, thank you.  He was just about to suggest that he leave, when the door opened, and Harry entered.