Change

Our libero turned out to be shorter than Hinata and had some crazy skills. He was also just as girl crazed as Tanaka, which made both of them almost insufferable. 

Nishinoya refused to join the team just yet, apparently, he didn't want to join until he got his Ace back, which seemed trickier said than done. Asahi was the ace of Korasuno until a bad game that made him question his abilities. I understood part of what he was feeling, like he couldn't help the team anymore. Everyone said he was the best, and I wanted to see him in action. 

Nishinoya helped us first years with our receiving, though his tactics were a little questionable. We were all getting better, and our team was finally starting to look up! 

Takeda ran into the gym, a bright smile on his face as he called for a timeout. he explained that we would attend a training camp, with a practice game at the end. It would surely improve our skills! Everyone was excited for our rematch with the Nekoma highschool, and Takeda seemed to have something else in mind that he was keeping secret for now. 

After practice, I walked with Tsukki back to his house. He finally agreed to help me with my receives. He stood in his backyard and got into position. 

I bent my knees and crouched down as Tsukki served the ball into my hands. I bounced the ball back towards him, but it was a little sloppy.  my arms stung from where the ball made contact, but I ignored it as Tsukki tossed another ball. 

We didn't speak much while practicing, Tsukki would call out tips on my form every once in a while, but it was mostly silent except for the ball bouncing off our hands. 

"Tadashi, how do you like the team?" Tsukki asked out of nowhere. I paused for a minute to think. 

"They're all really skilled! I have a feeling you'll make if far in the matches!" I said, smiling brightly at Tsukki. 

"You're part of the team too," Tsukki reminded. 

"Yeah, but I'm benched! I don't really have game time unless something happens to one of the other members, I'm not exactly one of you," I said in a small voice. 

"Is this still about the gender thing?" Tsukki said, slight anger behind his words. I kept my eyes on the ball, too nervous to look at Tsukki. He took my silence as an answer. 

"Sure, many of them are assholes, but no one gives a damn about your gender! This is the men's volleyball team, that's why you're here!" Tsukki yelled, catching the ball after I received it to him. 

"I don't know what's going through your head, I've never been in the position you're in now, but the team will support you no matter your body type!" 

"It's just that, my body doesn't work the same way yours does, that's just human nature. I have more flexible hips, you have more upper body strength, wouldn't it be better if I joined the girl's volleyball team, train with people who have the same body type as me?" I asked in a small voice. It wasn't something I wanted to do at all, I hated the idea of joining the girl's team. I spent so long getting to the point I am now with my gender, I didn't want to take a step back. 

"What are you talking about!? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You might not be on the starting lineup, but you're needed in this team! And I know damn well you don't want to join the woman volleyball team, so don't even think about it!" Tsukki yelled, walking towards me. 

"You've told me a lot over the years about what it's like being trans, and I've done my best to make you feel comfortable, you should know that if anyone tries to take you off the team I'll kick their ass. It's up to you if you want to tell the team, but if you do, I'm positive they'll work to make you comfortable too. You're not a girl, and you've been through enough pain to prove that!" Tsukki yelled, making tears well in my eyes. 

"Thank you Tsukki," I muttered, rubbing my eyes. 

"I won't let you quit the volleyball club, you're not leaving me alone with those idiots," Tsukki said, stepping back to return to his spot for serving. I chuckled a little, then got into my receiving position.