Chapter 13

It wasn't so easy to find Eliza at school the next day. She avoided the group before school, stayed hidden in the hallways and wasn't in the cafeteria at lunchtime. And she masked her scent well because none of the werewolves at school were able to sniff her out. If she was at school.

When the final bell rang everyone was ready with their plan. They had discussed what would happen over lunch.
Zed, Addison and Wynter were going to look around Zombietown.
Bonzo, Bree and Wyatt were going to look around Seabrooke.
Willa was going to look around the school.
Some of the other werewolves had also offered to look around the forest just in case.
It was 'The Great Eliza Search (2.0)'.

Then, if anyone found Eliza, the werewolf from each group would howl and Willa & Wyatt would come and tell her what had happened. By now, everyone knew what Willa did, and some were still reluctant to forgive her, but she knew she deserved it. Which meant she was fine to search in her own.

She passed a couple of cleaners along the hallway, taking a few glares from when she accidentally walked on what they just swept/mopped/vacuumed. The librarian was still at her desk, packing up her handbag to go. She looked at Willa a little curiously, obviously suspicious of why a werewolf was a in the library alone after school hours.

But no Eliza in the library.

She checked the gymnasium. There was another cleaner in there cleaning up some sparkly stuff the fell out fo the cheerleaders pom-poms. Willa didn't want to catch another glare from interrupting this cleaner, so she poked her head in enough to see all the hiding spots.

Still, no Eliza in the gymnasium.

That when in hit Willa. The most obvious place to look, she hadn't looked.

When Willa arrived outside the tech lab, she couldn't hear anything. But when she tuned in in her werewolf hearing the uneven breaths of something was coming from inside. Willa thought for a moment about howling for Wyatt, but this was her problem to solve. She took a moment to compose herself before entering the lab.

"Hey, how are you?"
Eliza looked up from her position to see Willa walking in. At this point, she didn't know about what she did so she assumed Willa was helping Wyatt.
"I'm fine. Are you looking for me? Did Wyatt send you? Is he ok?"
"A little sad, but I think he's getting better."
"Is he mad at me?"
"No, he's not mad at you..... he's mad at me." Willa looks down, afraid as to how Eliza would react when she told her.

Eliza on the other hand was confused. 'Why would Wyatt be mad at Willa?' She had to know
"Why is he mad at you?"
"I don't care if you hate me after this, but please just listen with an open mind."
Eliza opened her mouth to say something but then shut it again, curious as to what Willa was thinking.

"Before the werewolves started integration into Seabrooke, we found company within our own pack. Ever since we were werepups, Wyatt and I always had each other. Playing, chasing, racing, doing all sorts of things siblings do. So you can imagine what it felt like when Wyatt started making new friends. I new that it's wasn't a bad thing, but I was jealous of how much time my brother was making for his new pack. I was able to control my.....uh....feelings...pretty well, until Wyatt told me about his little crush."

Eliza felt herself blushing when Willa said the word 'crush'.

"To me this wasn't just another friend, it was someone that I knew he would be spending even more time talking about. At the time, I wanted to hurt you, and I am so sorry for everything I did.
At first I just wanted to get harmless payback. So I suggested to Bucky and the Aceys that they should re-initiate themselves with a lost zombie that took the false paths I laid.
I didn't feel any satisfaction afterwards, so I decided to do more. That's where the notes came from. And the hole, which I realise was my worst mistake. Each time I plotted and went about my plans, I didn't feel anything, which made me want to come back harder. "

"But I realise now that the reason I didn't feel anything was that, revenge doesn't make me feel any better. I shouldn't have done any of those things in the first place. So hate me if you want, I know how much I deserve."

Eliza was shocked. She just sat there, taking in what she just heard. Part of here wanted to hate Willa for eternity, but another part new what Willa had been going through.

"I forgive you."
Willa looked up, surprised at Eliza's reaction.
"What? You do?"

"I understand what you were going through. When Zed started dating Addison and Bonzo started dating Bree, I was jealous. My two best friends now had other people in their lives, and I didn't have anyone. I wanted to hate Addison and Bree, so I pulled a few harmless pranks on the cheerleaders, thinking that nothing bad would come of it.
And then I met Wyatt. When I met him, I understood what Zed and Bonzo felt like. I haven't told anyone about the pranks I pulled, because I was ashamed. So I forgive you."

"Wow, Eliza, I didn't know that, I'm so sorry for everything!"
"Willa, Willa, Willa, calm down, its fine, but can I ask you something?"
"Anything you want."
"Where is Wyatt?"
Willa smiled.
"Come with me."

.....................................
Hello
Sorry it took so long for the update, but I've been a little busy.
I think there will probably only be one or two more chapters, so thank you to everyone who has stayed with me in this entire story.
I hope you had a Happy Halloween last night and enjoy the rist of your day/night
- Jules