~Storytime~

"No, okay? It's stupid." Fern huffed, winning again. It was no surprise to their viewers that they hadn't lost all day. "I'd even go as far as to say it's unfair. We hardly have fall here! It's like a week of the pretty orange and the sweater weather and the crunchy leaves before a pile of snow covers every inch of this sorry town."

Their chat was trying to figure out where they were talking about, but they were too caught up in their tirade to notice.

"I mean, it's the best. Fall is great. It should be the only season we ever have. But where I live, this hellhole that my parents spawned me into, it practically goes straight from summer to winter. It's not fair!"

Fern took a deep breath, loud enough for all of their chat to hear.

"I need to stop or I'll go on for hours." They muttered, switching the game. "I'll tell one more story and then I should log off for the night."

They clicked on bedwars, smile growing on their face.

'That would be a fun last story.'

"I've got a good idea for my last story." Fern smirked, watching as the waiting lobby spawned around them. "Nine, let's go emote only for the last stretch."

Their friend complied, the chat becoming overtaken with emotes. Fern had always liked the sight of it, something they wouldn't have to read.

They spawned in on pink's team, camping the spawner while they started explaining.

"So funny thing about this game: it's the first one I ever played on Hypixel. It's actually how I met this guy, he went by Bee."

They got the bed covered quickly, a base layer of wool and wood before they could get stronger materials. One of their teammates had already died, the other two bumbling around pretty uselessly. It didn't take much to realize they were pretty much on their own.

"We must've played for hours. At some point we traded discords, and for the next few months we'd play like every day. He was really good, too. I'd go out and get stuff and raid other bases, he'd stay to protect ours. We were practically unstoppable, chat."

Fern chuckled, already bridging to get diamonds.

"He's actually the one who helped me figure out a bunch of pretty personal stuff. I was so close to him, I swear it felt like he was my brother."

Green tried to knock them off the island while they were off guard, something they instantly grew to regret as Fern turned their tactic on them. They died quickly, and Fern couldn't help but wonder why they'd pick a fight with low health.

"He lived in the UK, though." Fern huffed. "I promised him I'd come visit when I was old enough, mind you we were like ten, and he told me he'd come visit first."

Fern ran back to their base with the diamonds, trading them in for more things to fortify their bed. They couldn't care less what their teammates were doing, not that it was anything important.

"Bedwars is probably my favorite game because of him, honestly." They shrugged, headphones slipping slightly. "But, again, I live in a conservative state. My parents hated that I was friends with someone online. They said he was probably a pedophile."

Fern was swift, using green's bridge to destroy their bed. They took out three of the team before they were killed, and they finished the fourth with their bare hand.

"They took my computer, wiped everything to do with him, and blocked every account he was associated with. I didn't even get to say goodbye."

White was next, their island being next to greens. Red and yellow were fighting on the other side, both beds destroyed. Fern decided to let them duke it out while they geared up for white.

"I haven't spoken to him since. I know I'm older by a few months, but other than that I've had no luck finding him." They tried to shrug it off, more to keep them calm than anything. "I kinda miss him, though. Like I've got great friends, they're awesome, but he was the first person I ever played with."

Fern wiped out white quickly, stretching for a moment after. Yellow had been annihilated by red, leaving only one survivor on their team. Blue was in a similar position, being wiped out by Fern's teammates.

"Anyway," They cleared their throat, the amount of talking catching up to them. "That's the story. I made a friend and I miss him."

Looking at it now, it wasn't as interesting as they'd thought. Their chat didn't mind, but they felt like it was a bit of a letdown.

They were quick to end red, the game being completed not long after. They took a loud breath of relief, sitting back in their chair as they were sent back to the main lobby.

"That's all for tonight. Thank you all so much for joining, and I'll see you guys again tomorrow. Bye!" The stream ended not long after, leaving Fern alone in their quiet room. Somewhere downstairs, their parents were watching TV. Somewhere in their neighborhood, their brother was spending the night with his friend. Somewhere in their city, their friends were doing homework.

They decided that somewhere in their room they would sleep.

~

Moth [@ moth_]

thank you guys for the stream tonight! even if it was just telling you stories, i had a lot of fun :)

-->Nine [tenN1N3eight]

coward u should've streamed for longer

-->Moth [@ moth_]

and yes that was Corpse playing in the background. ya boy is a stan :)

-->Kiwi [@ kiwibirrb]

imagine being as good at skywars as Moth? couldn't be me

-->Sunny [veritysun]

don't worry moth we'll find your bee <3

Fern yawned, not even bothering to plug their phone in. They'd regret it tomorrow, but at the moment they didn't care. They were exhausted.

Stick had no issue letting them crawl into bed, snuggling into their side as they passed out.