Adoption

( My actual cat in the picture ^.^ )

Remus and Sirius were walking around downtown Muggle London when they passed a dark alley. Sirius stopped, his canine hearing picking up a small shuffling coming from said alley. "Remus? Can you hear that?" Sirius asked, looking back at the man.

Remus, with excellent wolf hearing, picked up on what Sirius was referring to. "Sounds like a small ani-." But Remus was cut off by Sirius who had returned to his fiancé with a smallish bundle in his arms. "Let's get him back home." Sirius said, holding the bundle close. "What's in your arms?" Remus asked, trying to look. "At home Remus now come on!" Sirius had turned and walked to a same place before disappearing.

"Only Sirius." Remus muttered, quickly following his actions. When he arrived back at their home, Sirius was sitting there with a smallish orange kitten in his lap. "Is that what you had?" Remus smiled, sitting next to him. "Yeah, he was dirty, a few cuts, and is really skinny." Sirius looked down at the small creature sadly.

"Can we keep him?" Sirius looked up at Remus, hope filling his stormy blue/grey eyes. "Of course Pads. What are we gonna name him?" Remus kissed his cheek and gently petted the kitten.

"Moose. He seems like he will be a big old boy when he grows up." Sirius smiled proudly before falling asleep with Moose wrapped around his neck and Remus curled into his lap.