20

The curtains open and silence fell upon the auditorium. The narrator spoke as I tried doing my best on acting. I never acted in front of people before. I do it in some classes sometimes, but not in a crowd like this.

"I adore the stars...but you, my love.. you make my sight divert from the bluest skies to a deep forest like your eyes"- Yeonjun acted.

"The forest is full of secrets and monsters to run away from... staying here will hurt you"- I performed too.

"What do you have me doing? Such beautifulness like yours makes me want to come here everyday...just to look at you..."

"Beautifulness cannot outrage the ugliness in the heart"

"And why do you think your heart is not pure, my love, when you worry about me and tell me to go away for my protection?"

After he said this, it's like the Yeonjun in him understood that pushing him away when I re-encountered him, was my way to keep him safe. And so, soft eyes appeared on his face even though he was in character.
The play went on and it got to the part when the wizard confronts the lady to put her on a spell. That wizard is played by Hanjae.

"Oh well...look at who I found by the fountain"- the wizard told the lady, which is me. Although he is in character...I still have a strange feeling when he is around.

"I shall not talk to you"- I said with my back turned on him, but actually nervous he could hurt me.

"You shall not... but you must...it is either you or him, me lady"- the wizard said. I bet Hanjae is enjoying this.

"No spell can stop a love that is meant to be"

"If i kill one of you, it might"- Hanjae said. That was not the line. Right now...this was Hanjae threatening me.

"Are you so revengeful of approval that you need to hurt others?"- I tried playing along for the audience but that wasn't my line either. At this point, it's not the lady and the wizard talking...it's Hanjae and Y/N.

"What are they doing?"- the professor loud-whispered backstage.

"And so you have a death wish? Because if I kill you, you can no longer protect that necklace...or him..."- Hanjae said.

"You'll have to kill me then"- I said.

"I might"- once he said this, he kept getting closer to me and I was backing away.

"Y/N"- Yeonjun called me ready to come in scene but the professor stopped him.

"Let them! I don't know what's going on but people are buying it."- The professor told him.

I kept backing away, hoping someone would come but no one did. So I tried running away, but before I could, Hanjae stepped on the tail of my dress making me fall.
He kneeled down to my level.

"You look so pretty when you're scared"- he caressed my face like a true villain while I had a disgusted look.
Then he put his hand on my necklace and pulled it out.

He got up thinking I had given up so easily. But I didn't. I got up and grabbed a bucket, that was serving as scenario material, to hit him in the head, but before I could, he turned to me and I felt a sharp cold object on my stomach. I looked down and I was bleeding... He was holding a knife on me. I looked at him to see the face of my killer while I'm in insane pain.
He took the knife out and was ready to put it in my heart, but something stopped him. I couldn't clearly see it as my vision got blurry and I fell coldly on the ground...

***********************

Yeonjun's POV