Just a child

Landing at the manor, Alana could feel the cold chill of the home travel down her body. The unnatural coolness of the manor always put her on edge.

Lucius tugged on Alana's arm, pulling her into the dining room.

"Ah, Lucius," A pale man sitting at the head of the table moaned, "did you bring me what you promised?" 

Alana felt her stomach drop. She wondered if, the man who had basically raised her, had turned her over to the Dark Lord for his own benefit. 

"Well? The pale man demanded, with impatience in his voice. "Did you bring me this- what did you call it? Secret weapon

"Yes my Lord." Lucius trembled, bringing Alana out from the shadows. 

Quickly scanning the room, Alana let out a silent gasp as she who sat around the table. Her potions teacher, Snape, couldn't even look her in the eye. Narcissa looked across the table at Bellatrix, giving her a stare that would stop anyone in their tracks.

Breaking her stare, Naricssa turned to Lucius fuming. 

"That is no weapon!" Her bottom lip was trembling. "She's just a child."

"A child, who is the only one who can endure Igor's cruciatus curse." Bellatrix added, looking down the table, waiting for Voldemort's approval.

"What is your name?" The Dark Lord bellowed, causing the marble room to ring.

"Can't you tell? Bellatrix shot out before Alana had a chance to speak. "She's a Black, it's a shame that she's Sirius's kin, i can imagine all the power she would've had already if I had raised her."

Alana shook free of Lucius's grip and took a few steps closer to the table, "Alana Black."

"Igor." Voldemort slowly spoke to the grey bearded man. "Please, demonstrate."

As the Death Eater arose from his chair, Alana tightened the grip on her wand.

Now standing before each other, less than six feet apart, Igor drew his wand.

"Crucio-" He started to mutter. 

Time seemed to slow down for Alana. All in one swift motion she whipped out her wand as-well.

Alana quickly deflected the hex that the man shot at her, turning it back onto him. Proud of what she had just done, she released the man from the spell and walked to wear he originally sat. 

As Alana sat down in Igor's seat at the table, she noticed Bellatrix was baring her teeth at her with a look of disgust on her face.

"Keep baring your teeth at me," Alana insisted, leaning into the table, "I'll pull them out, one by one." 

Bellatrix quickly shut her mouth and looked into her lap, not wanting to displease Voldemort.

"She will be a great replacement, Lucius." Voldemort assured. Looking down at Igor, body still buzzing from the pain of the curse. 

"Alana, would you please." He added, raising his hand up to let Nagini slither along the table to her spot.

Slowly, Alana stood up. Looming over the man who had hit her with the painful spell time and time again, she knew it would be an easy kill.

"Avada Kedavra." She said, making sure to keep her voice strong.

The green light emitted from her wand covered the man lying on the floor. When she lowered her wand, she knew he was dead.