Part 12

Steve's POV

The woman with white hair returned.
"Ma'am, can we see him now" I say before she gets a chance to say anything.
"Yes, and My name is Storm, please follow me" she says as she leads the way. As we walk the corridor, it begins to fill with kids and teenagers. Some stared at us. Most didn't even notice us. "Alright, no hanging around get to your next class" Storm yells at the boisterous teens. It was like a regular school hallway, loud and chaotic. "So, all the kids are mutants?" Ask Clint.
"No, they are all gifted" replies Storm with a smile.

We walked and talked till we reach a door. "Professor?" Said Storm as she gently knocked on the door.
"Come in" replied a voice on the other side of the door. We proceed inside the Professors office. He came from behind his desk.
"Mr. Rogers, its a pleasure to finally meet you" say the Professor and he extends his hand for a hand shake. We shake hands and he shakes Nat's, and Clint's as well. "Storm, take Ms Romanoff and Mr. Barton to the kitchen, I'm sure they might want a drink or possibly a snack. I need to speak to Mr Rogers in private" said the Professor.
"If you'd like to follow me" say Storm as she opens the door and leads the way. Clint and Nat follow her out.

I was completely baffled. How could a man in a wheelchair help me. I guess it doesn't even matter. I'm out of options at this point. I realize I'm just staring at him. I have to break this awkward silence. "I was told you could help us Sir." I say to him.
"I've been expecting you Mr. Rogers, there's no time to waste; follow me." he says as he moves towards the door. I walk down the corridor, beside the Professor. "Professor" says a voice from behind us. We both turn around. "Who the hell is this" says the man, pointing at me. "This is Steve Rogers" says the Professor. The man just looks at me as he walks closer.
"Steve, this is Logan." Say the professor. I extend my hand to shake his but he didn't move a muscle, he just eyed me.
"Don't be rude Logan. He's come for our help. Someone he loves was taken and is in great danger." said the Professor. Logan's facial expressions changed. I can see he empathized with me. "We don't have much time Logan. Come, we must go" said the Professor as he turned his wheelchair around.

The three of us continue walking down the corridor. we reach a wall and it open to expose an elevator. "Where are we going?" I ask. "To find her." replies The Professor. I give him a peculiar look. Logan chuckles. I don't know what to say so I don't say anything.

The elevator doors open. It feels like I'm in a dream as I walk down this metallic hallway with a man in a wheelchair and a man with mutton chops. It all felt so surreal. We make it to the end of the hall, to a metal circular hatch. A blue beam of light scans the professors eye. A female robotic voice says "welcome professor". The doors slide open....End of part 12

Hope you're enjoying the read. And thank you so much everyone for the views, votes and comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to comments, your opinions are welcomed :)