Chapter 3. Hair Dye and a Dead Phone

November 2, 2016.

I wake up to hear shouting coming from outside my door.

"CLINT BARTON, GET BACK HERE!!" Someone shouts.

I look at my clock. 9:30. I slept in. I stretch and walk out of my room to try and find a hair tie, some clean clothes, a few towels, and hair dye. It's been a while since I dyed my hair and it's looking kinda green.

"Hey! Natasha!" I yell hoping she hears me. Why is her hair green? "Can you help me find some stuff?" I say normally.

"Yeah, sure! What do you need?" She asks.

"Some clean clothes, so a t-shirt, pants, preferably some underwear, a t-shirt that can be messed up, a towel or two, a hair tie, some blue hair dye and a bathroom. Why is your hair green?"

"Follow me, I have some clothes and a few hair ties in my room. We'll have to raid Clint's hair dye and hope that he still has some blue left. Clint dyed my hair."

"Why does he have a stash of hair dye? Anyways, thanks for your help. Again, I'm really sorry for trying to assassinate you, I promise I didn't want to, it's just-"

"Hey. You're fine. It's no big deal. I was once in your shoes, believe it or not. Hey, would you be interested in joining the girls' night that me, Wanda, and a few other ladies are hosting?"

"Why not?" I shrug. We wander around Compound and collect everything I need to dye my hair.

2:00 PM

"Shadow, boss would like to see you in the lab." A voice says.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I say.

"Oh, hey Shadow!" Clint says as he walks past me.

"Hey! Clint! What was that voice? It told me that 'boss' wants to see me in the lab."

"That's Friday, Stark's AI. She calls Stark 'boss,' just so you know."

"That makes sense." I sigh. "Where exactly is the lab?"

"Here, I'll show you." He walks me to a room filled with robotics, science related things, and multiple coffee mugs scattered around.

"Hey Blueberry! Can you solve these math problems for me? I want to get an idea on how smart you are." Tony says as he hands me a sheet of paper and a pencil.

A few minutes later I hand the paper back to Tony as he looks at me with a surprised look on his face.

"That was fast." He says. "And these are all correct. Hey, thanks for figuring one of those out for me, I need it to improve my suit."

"Cool, am I done?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Sweet. Where's the training room?"

"Down the hall, 5th door on the right."

"Thanks Stark!"

I walk over to the training room and start working on my magic. I see some targets and a gun that's just lying around. I pick it up, disassemble it, reassemble it, then take my stance multiple feet from the target.

I shoot until the magazine is empty and I hear my stomach rumbling.

"Friday?" I ask.

"Yes Agent Shadow?"

"Just Shadow please. Can I have a map of the compound? I'm hungry, and I don't know where anything is." A map of the compound pops up in front of me.

"Here you go! Anything else I can help you with?"

"Is there a way for me to always have a digital map of the compound?"