Chapter 9. Cinnamon Rolls!

November 3, 2016. 10:00 AM.

"Hey Alina!" Steve chimes as I walk into the kitchen. "Cool shirt! Hey Nat!"

"Thanks. Nice... apron!" I say looking at him. He's standing at the stove scrambling an egg while wearing an apron.

"Thanks. What do you ladies want for breakfast?"

"I was hoping to make some cinnamon rolls." I say as I open the fridge.

"They should be in the bottom drawer." Natasha says.

"Thanks!" I say as I pull out two tubes of cinnamon rolls.

"No problem!" Natasha responds.

"Sam, your egg is ready!" Steve shouts.

"Sweet, thanks. Hey Alina! Hi Nat!" Sam says as he walks into the room and puts the toppings on his egg.

"Hey Sam! How're you doing?" I ask pulling out some cookie sheets and the parchment paper.

"I'm doing pretty good. Steve and I are going on a run later so that's going to be fun. With the exception of you saying 'On your left!' every time you pass me." Sam glares at Steve who rolls his eyes while Natasha laughs.

"So, what's your agenda for the day?" Steve asks.

"Peter and I were going to watch Star Wars later. I'm probably going to paint with my paints that came in the mail today and I might explore the compound." I respond.

"Cool." Natasha says.

"My cinnamon rolls are done!" I pull out a pair of oven mitts and get the cinnamon rolls out of the oven.

"I knew I smelled cinnamon rolls!" Peter shouts as he swings into the kitchen.

"Jeez, Peter! I almost dropped them!" I exclaim. "And you can't eat them yet. They just came out of the oven."

"Ok, fine." Peter frowns.

"You can help frost them when they're cool." I suggest, trying to cheer Peter up.

"Yay!" His face lights up.

"Sam, you ready?" Steve asks as he gets up from the table where he and Sam were sitting.

"Yeah. See you later, Lina!"

"Bye!"

"Hey, Nat? Can you get Bucky out of my hair?" Clint asks, popping his head out of the vents.

"Don't you mean out of your feathers, Hawkeye?" I ask looking at Clint.

He grumbles and quickly hides (and fails) when Bucky walks into the kitchen with his metal arm pink and covered in Hello Kitty stickers. Nat and I look at each other and try our hardest not to laugh but we still end up giggling.

"Ok, well I should go prevent a murder." Nat says chasing Bucky who is chasing Clint.

"Hey, truth or dare?" Peter asks.

"Truth."

"What are your super powers?"

"I don't have 'powers' per say, more like, training. I'm really good at the mystic arts and I can fight. That's pretty much it. Truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to... Run around the compound and scream 'CINNAMON ROLLS!' for two minutes. I'll have Eliza time you and I'll text you when your two minutes are up."

"Ok. CINNAMON ROLLS!!" Peter screams running out of the kitchen.

"Eliza, set a two minute timer for me please."

"Timer set!" She responds.

I tap the cinnamon rolls gently to see if they're cool enough. I could start frosting them without Peter but I'll think I'll wait.

"Two minutes are up!" Eliza chimes.

"Sweet!" I exclaim as I pull up my text messages.

Two minutes are up! And I'm getting ready to frost the cinnamon rolls. =)

Sweet! I'll be there in a second!

"Cinnamon rolls!" Peter shouts as he walks back into the kitchen.

"I said your two minutes were up."

"I know! Let's frost the cinnamon rolls!"

"Ok ok!"

"Hey, truth or dare?" Peter asks.

"Ummmm... I'll go for a dare." I reply.

"Ok, I dare you to go on patrol with me."

"Hmm. Ok! Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"If you got stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?"

"My phone, assuming it works on this island, a boat, and cinnamon rolls. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Ok, if you could be friends with any celebrity, who would you be friends with?"

"That's a hard one. I'd say Lin-Manuel Miranda."

"Same. It looks like these are all frosted! Hey, do you want to watch Star Wars while we eat cinnamon rolls?"

"Sure!"

Two hours later...

"That was really good!" I say. "I'm slightly confused though."

"It'll make sense when you see Episode 3." Peter explains.

"Why Episode 3?"

"Poop! I've said too much."

"Ok. Well, this was fun! I'm gonna go paint something."

"Ok! See you later!"

"See ya Peter!" I start walking to the stairs.

"Eliza, turn on a radio station for me, will you?" I ask, pulling out my paints and putting my old T-shirt over my Black Widow one so I don't stain it.

"Ok!" Eliza chimes.

"Let's see... what to paint, what to paint... Ehh, I guess I'll just start sketching and fill in the lines. See what happens."