Chapter 5. Girls Night? Yeah Right

November 2, 2016. 6:00 PM.

"Hi! Maximoff, party of seven." Wanda says to the person at the front desk.

"Great, follow me and I'll take you to your table." The waitress says.

"Come on!" Wanda exclaims.

"That's a lot of people." I note as we walk through the restaurant.

"I know. You're going to be fine and Wanda, Pepper, Maria, Nat, Carol and I are here with you." Val says to try to calm my nerves.

"Thanks." I say as we get to the table.

"To start off, what would you ladies like to drink?" The waitress asks as she hands us our menus and whips out a notepad and pen.

"I'll have a Diet Coke please." Carol says.

"Water please." Val says.

"I'll have a water." Pepper says.

The waitress looks at me.

"I'll go for a Diet Coke, thanks." I say.

Before Natasha can say what she wants, someone dressed in all black walks into the room and shouts, "Get out if you want to live!"

"Looks like girls night is cancelled." I say sadly.

"Guess so. Come on!" Pepper shouts.

"Let's go kick some villain butt." I say.

"No. You and Pepper go home." Carol says sternly.

"Why? Like I said in the car, I kicked a super soldier to the ground! If I can do that, I can fight alongside you! Is it because I'm a kid? Heh. Everyone doubts me just because I'm fifteen. I can get my license next year for Pete's sake!" I rant.

"It's not that." Maria says.

"Then what is? Why can't I fight? You know what, I'm going to go kick butt. There are people who need saving and you're just standing there doing nothing." I say.

Maria, Natasha, Carol, Val, Pepper, and Wanda look at each other.

"Fine. We'll talk about this when we're not in immediate danger." Natasha shouts.

"Fine by me! I get to kick villain butt!" I say as I whip out my shields and hop into action.

"Agent Shadow! You broke the rules. Natasha Romanoff lives and you are hanging around these people?! Come back to the family where you belong or I'll have to kill you too."  The person looks at Natasha. "I guess I'll have to bring you both back."

"Back where?" I ask.

"The place we were trained, of course!"

Wait a minute. 'Where we were trained'? So the figure was from the Red Room. But that sentence was directed to both me and Natasha. Why would the Red Room want Natasha? I snap myself out of my thoughts. I'm in the middle of a battle for Pete's sake!

"Eliza, can you identify this person?" I ask.

"I can't. Their face is covered so they can't be identified."

Shoot.

I catch a dagger that was thrown at Pepper.

"Pepper! You should run! Unless you know how to fight, you should probably go!" I shout.

"Alina's right, Pep!" Wanda shouts.

I run towards the figure and punch them in the face. I'm about to make a sword with my magic when I feel a sharp pain near my stomach. I look down. Crap. The figure stabbed me when I wasn't looking.