Chapter 4. Girls Night

November 2, 2016. 4:30 PM.

I arrive at Natasha's room and knock on the door. Her hair returned to its normal red.

"Hey, come on in." She says gesturing into her room. "So you know how we were talking about a girls' night this morning?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"We leave for Olive Garden at 5:30. Follow me! I have something that will look nice on you and we'll go to the mall after dinner for shopping."

"Cool!"

"It's going to be you, me, Wanda, Maria, Pepper, Carol, and Valkyrie. The others couldn't make it here quick enough. Try this on." Natasha says as she hands me a blue jumpsuit.

"Cute! Where's the nearest bathroom?"

"This door." Nat says as she points to the door. I walk in and put the jumpsuit on.

"It fits! What do you think?" I ask.

"It looks amazing on you! Shoes... Aha! My blue flats!" She hands me the flats and I slip them on.

"Sweet."

"Be out in a minute!" Natasha says as she walks into the bathroom with her dress.

"Tada!" She exclaims as she walks out of the bathroom wearing a knee length red dress and red ballet flats.

"I like it!"

"Now we need to do hair and makeup. For you I'm thinking a half up half down with space buns."

I start pulling my hair up into the space buns. "Can I add stars?" I ask.

"Sure! Do you need pins or something like that?"

I start adding stars in my hair.

"How are you doing that?" Natasha asks.

"Magic!" I grin. "All done! Nat, are you gonna do your hair?"

"I think I'm just gonna go for natural waves."

"Cool." I respond as I work on my makeup. Natasha grabs a tube of lipstick and applies the bold red color to her lips. I just stick to simple eyeshadow and a bit of blush.

"Shadow, Agent Romanoff, Maria Hill and Pepper Potts have arrived." Friday states.

"Oh cool. They're a half hour early." I say as I look at the wall clock. "Come on! We don't want to keep them waiting!"

A few minutes later, Natasha and I walk into the living room to find Wanda, Pepper, and Maria sitting on the couch.

"Pepper! It's been a while!" Natasha says as she hugs Pepper.

"Who's this?" Pepper asks looking at me.

"Shadow. I'm the newest Avenger. Nice to meet you." I respond, shaking her hand.

"Shadow, this is Maria Hill, she's a SHIELD agent." Natasha explains.

"Hey, what's the rumbling sound?" I ask.

"It sounds like a plane." Wanda responds.

"Come on, let's go check it out." I say as I conjure my magic shields.

"How did you do that?" Wanda asks.

"Magic." I respond.

"I know, I was confused too." Natasha butts in as we sneak through the front door to figure out what the sound was coming from.

"Well, it's definitely a plane." Maria whispers.

We walk towards the plane when I hear someone talking.