Chapter 73

"What are you doing?" I giggle at him, as he walks toward me.

"You didn't get to have a prom. Neither did I, so I decided that I would bring prom to you!" He exclaims.

"But what about the others, aren't they gonna miss you?" I ask him with a worried look.

"I don't think that'll be a problem." He looks behind me and I can't help but turn to see what he's looking at. When I turn I see everyone huddled together, still looking as elegant as ever.

"Why are you guys here, go to prom!" I half-shout.

"We're at prom, besides the original prom, is filled with footballers and cheerleaders trying to beat each other to win prom king and queen. This prom is a lot more fun. And I think I speak for everyone when I say, we would rather spend it here with people we actually like, then people at that school." Flynn says.

I can't help but tear up. I yell "GROUP HUG" and we all huddle together while laughing. Turns out ray was in on the new prom and the food he was making when I walked in, was actually for our prom. It was a lovely meal, that we all talked and laughed over. Then the night got interesting. In other words, the dance floor opened up.

Alex and Flynn were the first ones to go dance, which was a very good sight for everyone else (those two have moves). Then slowly everyone else started to dance. Even Julie convinced her boyfriend, nick, to dance. Everyone kept leaving until only Reggie and I were sat at the tables.

"You wanna dance?" I asked him hopefully.

"No, I'm okay." He said very quickly.

"Oh okay." I felt myself slouch in my chair, without even thinking about doing it.

I saw how happy mom and Luke looked, they were dancing in a way that was not natural at all, but they were laughing their heads off. I just wish I could do that with Reggie, but he's always so scared of what people will think of him, which I do understand, but at times when it's just our friends - it can be ridiculous.

"Lila come dance with me!" I heard Flynn shout, so I got up and walked over to her. Not even caring what Reggies reaction would be.

After a couple minutes, mom said we should bring out the desert, and that she needed some help in the kitchen, to bring it all out. I was the first to grab something, mostly because the others helping us carry stuff, seemed to get distracted from what they were doing pretty quickly.

When I walked outside, the vibe of everything seemed to change. the whole area, was a lot darker then it was before. But now there was a chair in the middle of the dance floor with a mic in front of it. I looked at it, wondering if Julie was gonna sing for us, but before I could actually ask her, Reggie walked out.

He had a guitar around his neck, and a smirk on his face. He sat down and positioned the guitar so that he was comfortable. I sat on a nearby chair and watched him get ready to sing, it was a shame that nobody else was here to see it.

"So a few nights ago, I started thinking about my after life, and I knew that I didn't want to spend it with anyone else. So I wrote this song for you, and I hope you like it." he says into the mic.

Verse]
Blue eyed ballerina
God only knows how much I need ya
From day one I knew you were the one
Give me your hand and I'll give you mine
You're the reason I look forward to coming home at night

[Chorus]
What's the point of sleep if it's not with you
Your lipstick on my cheek looking like a tattoo
My ballerina swinging side to side
All I need is a little love and care tonight
Ooh ooh uuuuh Ooh ooh hmmmm

[Verse]
God is an artist, he put you on display
A masterpiece of motion, more beautiful everyday
Give me your love and I'll give you mine
You're the reason I tеll my friends I'm busy tonight

[Chorus]
What's the point of sleep if it's not with you
Your lipstick on my cheek looking like a tattoo
My ballеrina swinging side to side
All I need is a little love and care tonight
Ooh ooh uuuuh Ooh ooh hmmmm

[Verse]
The world is your stage wherever you go
You know I'll always be right in the front row
Your love is a movie, my favorite show
You're my silver screen queen
My Marilyn Monroe

[Chorus]
What's the point of sleep if it's not with you
Your lipstick on my cheek looking like a tattoo
My ballerina swinging side to side
All I need is a little love and care tonight
Ooh ooh uuuuh Ooh ooh hmmmm

[Outro]
Blue eyed ballerina
God only knows how much I need ya
From day one I knew you were the one

He finished the song and looked at me, as I stared back with tears in my eyes. He got up from his seat and set the guitar down, before walking over to me.

"Hey there." He whispers to me as he bends down to be at the same highs as me.

"Hi." I giggle through the tears.

"I meant what I said. I know that I want to spend my remaining time with you." He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a black box, slowly opening it, I see the most beautiful ring. "I know I'm not the greatest boyfriend, or the best cook, or the smartest person, but I am loyal and I really do love you. What I'm trying to get at here, is, well we talked about marriage a while ago -"

"Yes." I say to him after hearing how nervous he was.

"Yes?" He looks at me confused.

"Yes I'll marry you."

"Really?" He says shocked.

"Of course." I say before lunging at him, causing both of us to fall onto the floor. Soon we hear a bunch of cheers coming from behind the studio doors. Everyone steps out and congratulates us. After a while we set up the mini fire pit. We put chairs around it and sit around just talking.

"Wow, my daughter is engaged before me." Mom says, I smile at her, while everyone laughs.

"Soon enough babe." Luke says. I already know that someday they'll get married, I'm just not sure how it works for ghosts.

"At least you have someone." I hear Alex mutter from next to me. I know he's still grieving the loss of Willie, but I hope that he'll let me help him someday, I don't know how to help exactly but I will try with everything in me. I reach over and grab his hand before giving him a small smile, so he knows that I heard him, but also to let him know that I care.