6

Mateo Haynes

           I never knew I could love Luca more than I already love the little guy. I guess I should be giving the dog props as well; considering, it's the reason why Luca want Anika to be his babysitter.

Luca wide blue eyes and smile was hard to resist. It was apart of his persuasion skill, not to mention he is the most well behaved kid I know and that alone will make any adult give him whatever he wants.

"That's a good idea Hermosa, I wouldn't want you to be bored and alone while I'm at the meeting."

I watch as Raymond took hold of Anika's arms and kiss her forehead. It appalled me to stand here and watch another man hands and lips on the woman who owns my heart.

The elevator was taking too damn long to arrive at the floor where my office is located. 

"I'm sure Anika have other things to do," I say. "I'll have Harry watch you, I won't be gone for long."

Luca frown and look back at the dog.

"No, Ray is right. I would rather spend my time with Luca," Anika says, she was trying to avoid eye contact with me.

I smirk and Luca grin before kneeling to play with the dog again, "Great you can also help him with his reading."

I hand her Luca paw patrol bag pack and my key card when the elevator finally came to a stop, "Make yourself at home," I ignore her surprise expression and pat Raymond shoulder, ushering him out of the elevator.

"Come on I'll have Harry drop the bag for you, off at the room," I told him. I couldn't have him kissing her in front of me again; therefore,  it would be best to get him away from her as soon as possible.

"Be a good boy," I tell Luca before sending a wink to Anika who only glare at me.

Raymond open his month to bid his farewell but the elevator doors start to close preventing him from getting all the words out.

Anika Vargas

            I let out a sigh of relief as I arrive at the penthouse. Mateo is bad for my heart, it was weird how he had broken it and now upon seeing him it beats as if he was it's life source.

I wouldn't let him get too close this time. My brain is what I choose to listen to and my brain says I should forget about him and focus on Ray and myself.

This place held so many memories. Memories that brought a smile to my face then break my heart all over again.

I place our bags on the sofa and look towards the floor to ceiling windows that overlooks the city. It was beautiful but not so much when compared to night.

I check my watch then look at Luca. He was so adorable, I couldn't help wondering if he was Mateo's son. "Luca, hon are you hungry?"

His blue eyes met mine and he nod before looking at Lola who was practically begging for his attention. I couldn't help smiling at the perfect picture before me, it wasn't a surprise that Lola liked him. He is so cute and innocent it was hard not to like him.

"Alright, I'll help you get changed then you'll wash your hands and help me make you something. Would you like that?"

He smile then nod again.

             It was six forty two when Luca fell asleep on the thick fluffy carpet that covered the floor of the living room; next to Lola.

It had been a long evening for him. He helped me with the dough and toppings for the pizza I made for us, after I helped him with his reading and a math homework he got. I help him with his bath then watch him play with Lola before they fell asleep.