Chapter 2

Sofia was helping her mother in their shoe shop until  they were finished for the day. A royal guard approaches Sofia.

The royal guard asked, "Are you Sofia the best shoemaker in the village?" Sofia nodded. The royal guard said, "You and only you can go to the castle of Albuquerque and make Prince Hugo some shoes and slippers." Sofia turned to her mum and back to the royal guard and asked politely, "Sir do I have to leave now?" The royal guard said, "Yes now I'm sorry miss. But I will give you time to gather some clothes and shoes to pack for a few weeks." "The carriage is ready for you."Sofia quickly ran up upstairs and packed her clothes. She hugged her tightly and whispered, "See you in few weeks mum." "I'll write to you." Trying to hold back her tears since this will be the first time Sofia will be away from her mum since her dad died. Miranda nodded and saw her daughter go off in the carriage.

Sofia was told to go to the throne room. Where she bumps into one of the princes and king of Albuquerque. Sofia curtsied elegantly and said, "Excuse me your majesties I'm going to the throne room went find your son and your brother." King Garrick chuckled, "Don't worry dear you seem quite elegant and polite." "Are you a princess?" Sofia laughed, "No I'm your youngest son's shoemaker and was just going to the throne room." Axel said, "He's in the throne room being in a mood because he has no friends and he is..." Axel and King Garrick smirked at each other and Axel decided to take her to the throne room. Axel left her at the door of the room. Sofia knocked on the door.

Hugo shouted, "Who in the world is it!?" Sofia replied softly, "Your Highness it's your shoemaker." Hugo yelled, "Come in for all I care!" Sofia opened the door and saw the Prince Hugo sitting in very un-princely way. Sofia curtsied gracefully and said calmly, "Your majesty I'm Sofia your shoemaker and I will be be doing your new shoes and slippers." Hugo was watching her in awe and eventually said arrogantly, "Fine whatever do what you must Princess." Sofia said, "Sorry what did you call me your majesty?" Hugo asked, "What did I say, just get with work that you need to do please." Sofia nodded and measured his feet onto a foot stool. She was hearing him finishing his royal duties and when he did.

Hugo asked as she measured his feet, "What do you do in your free time?" "Do you have any friends?""Were you born graceful and elegant like a Princess?""Do you have any parents for a 16 year old girl?" Sofia answered the questions quickly, "I read books from libraries, "I do have friends but only my mum and my animal friends." "I don't have any other friends. I wasn't born graceful and elegant I've read about etiquette in the books I read." "And I have a mum and my dad is lost at sea so I think he died at sea." "And why are you speaking to me your majesty?" Prince Hugo smiled, "Because I want to be your friend and I could use someone's advice towards friends." Sofia raised an eyebrow and said, "Prince Hugo why do you need a peasant's advice and shouldn't princesses be drooling over you." Hugo asked, "I just need some advice and I don't want to talk about it with my family so will you?" Sofia sighed and wrote his measurements of his feet and said, "Sure whatever what do you need?" Hugo sighed, "I'm having trouble making friends and it was in flying derby practice and I kinda overreacted and got into a fight with Prince James and Prince Zandar because I was acting like an arrogant idiot." "What do I do now?" Sofia said trying to stay calm, "Maybe try a different approach and apologise for fighting both of them." Hugo thought for a second and thanked, "Thank you for the advice and that might just work." Sofia nodded.

Hugo asked, "So why don't you have many friends?" Sofia sighed, "Well when you always have your nose in a book." "Your whole village believes you're the odd one."  "And you have a few friends but they don't stay long." Hugo looked and said, "I'm sorry I didn't know." Sofia said, "It's okay Prince Hugo don't feel sorry for me." "I've actually gotten used it." "I should be going to dinner so see you morning." Hugo said, "Please call me Hugo." "Your majesty and Prince Hugo is quite formal." Sofia stood up and and went to door knob when Hugo asked, "Would you like to have dinner with my family?" Sofia scoffed quietly and said, "Thank you Prince Hugo but you don't need to pity me." "I'm not a charity for you to pay." "I will have dinner by myself and I will go to the guest room." Hugo suggested, "May I show you to the guest room?" Sofia nodded and followed him and just sat down on the window sit.

She had dinner by myself before the royal family and she started designing his slippers and shoes in her window sit until she saw Clover, Whatnaught, Mia and Robin outside of her window. She opened the window and spoke to them like she could understand them. She wrote in her dairy and wrote a letter to her mum. And asked Robin to send it and she did. While Sofia was reading a book, she feel asleep.

Meanwhile with the royal family who were having dinner, Hugo was talking about how beautiful and graceful, kind his shoemaker is. His family smirked knowing he might have a crush on his shoemaker. Axel asked, "Baby Bro you're in a better mood then you were in the afternoon why's that?" Hugo smiled, "I asked Sofia for advice towards friends." His family smiled softly. Garrick asked, "Champ does she have any friends or a boyfriend?" Hugo frowned and said, "She doesn't have many friends." "She said to me her village finds her as 'the odd one.'" "Her only friends are her animals friends and her mum." "May I be excused?" His parents nodded and he and his brother went to the guest room and saw Sofia sleeping on the window sit. Hugo gave her a blanket and got her in a comfortable position to sleep.