Agony

Jacob

It hurts... it hurts.

A thousand sensations, none of them pleasant. None of them bearable. I want it to stop. White hot pain. Wings hanging limp. Deep fear. Confusion. Wind rushing as I tumble. Half of me feels missing. And a dark force is burning me alive.

Harogbas... he hurt me. He is too far corrupt. I can't fight him.

The spell, I should be helping. Weaving it. But my magic feels gone. Away from me. Burned out by the inverse magic. I had too little magic to convert the dark force.

The shadow is truly Harogbas and his magic. I was truly the one to fight him. Not mother. No doubt now. Of course, I knew. He wanted nothing more than to kill. I denied it too long. Yellowstone. Neihai. Myself.

I was too naive. I was too scared. Somehow splitting him, healing him of his corrupt magic, would kill him but save the world. And he got me before I got him. I tried and made progress. But not enough.

I did not want to kill him. Not really. Did I have a choice? No. I faltered though. I was not good enough. Now I fall. I failed to save the world. Failed to kill my father, who wants to kill so many.

A poor excuse for a conjurer. I am the last dragon the world needs to depend on. Untrained, still soft, how did I have a chance? I did not.

The prophecy. Can it still be fulfilled? I cannot help anymore. I want to. I need to. But everything stops me. The pain. I cannot move. They must fight alone. Without me to help.

Oculeera? Can you do this alone? Can you split him? Can you save the world? Please, do not fail like me. You are good enough, not me.

Mother? Are you still fighting? You are so strong. I am glad to bear your name. I hope my failure does not disappoint you again. Please, help Oculeera. Help her as if you are the stronger one. You are far stronger than me. You are more than good enough.

Am I still falling?

I cannot open my eyes. I cannot move. Cannot heal myself.

Just how bad?

Thoughts racing and slowing down. He hurt me bad.

No roar building. No cry of pain. No begging for help.

I failed. I can do nothing. I am paralyzed.

Am I dying?

A deep stab of fear. Falling will kill me.

This wound could kill me.

No...

More darkness. It wants to smother me.

Cannot fight. Just cannot fight.

I failed.

Why have I not hit the ground?

Something... something...

I hear something.

A voice. A melody. A tiny pinprick.

Mother?

Grey. Black swallowed by grey.

What is grey? I've been here before.

The pain, slowly fading.

Still burning. Corrupt magic.

Sleep. Let me sleep.

Floating. Consciousness fading.

Please... Oculeera... Mother...

I'm sorry...

I must sleep...

Wake me when things get better...

Save the world...