XI: Festivities and Conflicts

Adria

"Take this, and this to our booth," utos ng isang estudyante sa kasama nito. "Hurry, before the gates are opened!"

The sight of students running around, carrying stuff has been something common since this morning. Halos lahat abala, tagaktak na nga ang pawis ng ilan. A festival is going to be held today in Elixir.

"There will be no classes, nor tutoring." Cyan suddenly came out of nowhere that interrupted my thinking. Ngayon ay kasabay ko na siyang naglalakad sa pasilyo.

"That makes sense."

"Magiging abala ako ngayong araw," natigilan ako sa narinig. Does he belong to some club? "Still, I'll check on you from time to time. Feel free to roam around, but never leave Elixir!" Madiin niyang paalala bago naunang maglakad palayo.

Nasundan ko lang siya ng tingin habang iniisip kung pa'nong ang isang gaya niya ay magkakainteres sa ibang bagay bukod sa pag-aaral. Aside from that, he is well known for being unsociable, how can he have been involved in something such as a festival.

Elixir isn't really just all about magic. The school also supports extracurricular activities. Proof of that are the many clubs students may choose to join: cooking clubs, drama clubs, dance clubs, and much more. At ang mga miyembro ng bawat club na 'yon ang mga pinakaabala ngayong araw. They're setting up their club booths, so they can sell stuff like basic spell books, ready-made potions, clothes they sewed and designed, or they showcase a dance or a play. For those purpose, some classrooms were even made into cafes, bookstores, and theatres for the time being.

Which club could have Cyan belong to?

"The gates are about to open!" Eksaheradong paulit-ulit na sigaw ng isang estudyante na naglilibot para ipaalam 'yon sa bawat club.

Sumilip ako sa malaking bintana ng pasilyo. Maging ang bakuran ng eskuwelahan ay tadtad ng mga stall at booth. Tanaw ko rin ang gate na unti-unti nang bumubukas.

"Welcome to Elixir's open school festival! " Malakas na bati ng malaking grupo ng mga estudyante na sumalubong sa mga paparating na bisita.

As per one of the school's founding tradition, the gates are open to every race and creature of Amystrea for one whole day. Everyone is with a smile on their face, joy filled every hallway and corridor of the school. The sound of fireworks echoed throughout the castle, it was a mark that the festivities has now began.

Napapangiti na rin ako dahil sa tuwang nasasaksihan sa mukha ng bawat isa. Then the fact that I have nothing to do struck me. I'm already in my second year, still, I didn't sign up for any club due to my lack of interest.

People are now walking through the floors of the castle. Napuno na ng ingay ang mga pasilyo at silid-aralan; napuno ng halakhakan at tawanan. Napagpasyahan kong maglibot na lang at tingnan ang ilang booth. Time flew as if it was nothing but, the conversation between couples, and friends that I've been hearing while passing them somehow made me realize how alone I was in the midst of all the people having fun. I even silently wished that at the least Klaude was here with me.