AO Madness

The five engines rocketed down the line,the AO was quickly catching up to them. "Derek,get a move on ya overheating bastard!" cried Donald. The paxman diesel's engine sprung into life and roared ferociously. Despite this,Gordon was catching up. They could hear the clanking of his side rods and the deathly shrieks of his whistle. They rushed through a level crossing and bashed through its flimsy wooden gates. Soon they realized that one of the vans carried some fuel barrels. They decided to light them up and toss it at the express engine. They would drop the barrels along the track in hopes of exploding just as Gordon passed it. The problem was who would do it, Gordon had been around for over four decades at this point. He had always pulled the express, a gleaming representation of how steam was still relevant and useful in an ever modernizing world. While he was bossy and pompous, he was their friend. Duck had known the big blue engine more than any of the other survivors. While he wasn't given a desirable first time on Sodor, it still was hard accepting the fact that they would have to blow up Gordon. As Gordon was closing in on them, they began to light and throw the barrels at him. One of these barrels exploded right beside the express engine sending him high up and crashing down with a monstrous crash. The survivors stopped and went back to Gordon, the once proud and strong engine laid on his side with smoke belching out of his left side. The five engines were heartbroken by this, but they all knew that they had to keep going. Gordon gave out one last puff which sounded like his famous line "express coming through." before finally dying a painful death. They decided to put up a little tombstone made out of a few planks of wood which read " Here lies Gordon the Big Engine, he was fast,strong but most of all a friend." Under that message the crews signed the sign with their signatures, they also wrote their engines names down, including Toad and the coaches. The survivors were sad as they left Gordon and headed on their way to Knapford. They all knew that from this point forward their journey would be a rough one.