"I am Sorry."

Y/N's pov

The cold winter wind greeted me as I ascended the staircase. The sky was filled with bright stars, but my eyes searched for the only star of mine. "Tae?" I called softly. There, standing on the terrace, I saw his perfect figure in a black suit. Even after four long years, I couldn't help but admire him. He looked incredibly handsome, the sight of him taking my breath away.

 He looked incredibly handsome, the sight of him taking my breath away

He didn't hear me, so I called his name once more and walked closer. "Taehyung?" I called out, my voice trembling. But then my eyes widened in shock. I refused to believe what I was seeing. For a moment, I thought I was mistaking the silhouette.

I forgot to breathe when I realized it was indeed my boyfriend. He stood beyond the railing, dangerously close to the edge. What is he thinking?!! "TAEHYUNG! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??!! YOU WILL FALL!!" I screamed, my voice breaking. We were five floors above the ground. My hands grew cold, just like the chilly wind that whipped around us.

 My hands grew cold, just like the chilly wind that whipped around us

He slightly turned his head towards me. I swear that was the most depressing look I had ever seen on his face. His dark eyes were filled with emptiness. I froze on the spot, unable to think straight. I knew something was wrong, but my nerves failed to interrogate him. There was a bone-chilling pause, and the next few events unfolded in the blink of an eye.

"I am sorry..." he whispered before he jumped. My feet suddenly found an immense amount of strength, and I ran at lightning speed to save him. But I was too late by a second, JUST A SECOND! I gripped the railing where his hand had been moments ago. I leaned over the rod, my eyes frantically searching the ground below.

What I saw shattered the remaining bit of my sanity. It felt like a sick joke. A life without my boyfriend was like a body without a soul. "I am not letting you go so easily! I am coming!!" I shouted, placing my left foot on the railing and pulling myself up. My mind was in a fog; the only thing I could see was his face, that look of despair. His last words, "I am sorry," echoed in my ears.

The wind swept through my skin, but it didn't feel cold like before. I saw Tae's wide arms spread out below in a welcoming gesture. A soft smile rested on his pink lips, the one I adored the most.

Suddenly, something stopped me! I was yanked backward despite my protests. I collided with someone's chest. Why has he prevented me from reaching my love? Who the hell does he think he is?! I struggled to break free, but the grip was too strong.

"LEAVE ME! LET ME GO TO MY TAE! HE IS WAITING!!! LET GO!!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face.

A wave of weakness washed over me. I could no longer move my body, and my eyelids grew heavy. "Please, let me go..." I whispered weakly, finally succumbing to the darkness, praying for someone to wake me from this nightmare as soon as possible.

In the background, a voice called my name, but they seemed distant and muffled. The world around me faded, leaving me with the haunting memory of Taehyung's last look and his sorrowful apology.

Jungkook's pov

"Ahhh... blushing?" I teased Y/N intentionally.

"Shut up!" she snapped, making her way to the terrace. After securely dropping Hobi beside Yoongi on the sofa, a naughty thought invaded my hyperactive brain. A smirk unknowingly spread across my lips. "How about I disturb the lovebirds a bit? They won't mind, right? After all, this is the farewell day, meant for friends, not lovers. They have plenty of time for romance."

I made my way to the terrace when I heard someone cry out. "TAEHYUNG!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??!! YOU WILL FALL!"

It was Y/N's voice. I quickly sprinted up the staircase. Something was wrong. And I was right! She stood on the railing. I froze in shock, my mouth hanging open. I thought I was seeing things because I had had three drinks earlier, but then I heard her say, "I am sorry too, that I can't let you go alone. We will always be together; I can't live without you!" She laughed like a psychopath, and then it hit me.

My soul left my body when I realized what Taehyung had done. I staggered back, my back hitting the wall behind me. The world seemed to turn upside down before my eyes. This was a nightmare. I felt sick at the thought of this unwanted reality. My legs gave in, and I sank to the dusty ground. "Why, Tae?" was all I could utter under my shaky breaths.

Luckily, I snapped back to my senses when I saw Y/N was about to jump after him. I wasn't going to lose another friend. I forced my legs to stand up and run. I caught hold of her waist just in time and pulled her back over the railing. I was too scared to look at what lay below. She struggled to break free, desperate to follow him, but I was much stronger than she was.

I hugged her tightly, knowing she wasn't in her right mind. It was too much for her to take. She continued to struggle, but her strength waned with every passing second until she was completely numb.

I looked down at the unconscious Y/N in my arms. Her face was the palest I'd ever seen, a stark contrast to the lively expression she had just minutes ago. I feared how she would accept this truth. Her heart was too soft for this. "Taehyung, you took her life along with you," I whispered, lifting her and carrying her back into the building with a heavy heart and overflowing eyes.

A day in my life couldn't be worse than this. The weight of the loss pressed down on me, and I wondered how any of us would move forward from this tragedy.

____________________________

EUHUUUU !!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳
BTS 'Life Goes on' is #1 on billboards hot 100 and top 200. Making it the first Korean song to achieve that position... I am so happy!!!!
They cried so loud!!💜💜💜