Moving On

Taehyung and Irene got married in an intimate ceremony, surrounded by close friends and family. The day was filled with joy and love, the air vibrant with the promises of their new life together. The couple looked radiant as they exchanged vows, pledging their hearts to each other for eternity. Shortly after the wedding, they flew to Korea. Despite Irene's lingering fear of Taecyeon, she resolved to do everything in her power to protect her husband.

For ten blissful months, they lived in Korea without any issues. Taehyung experienced significant success in his company, his leadership skills earning him respect and admiration. Irene continued her work as a doctor, dedicating herself to her patients and finding fulfillment in her career. Their days were filled with a contented routine, and their nights were spent wrapped in the comfort of each other's arms.

Jungkook's pov

"Please, Y/N-ssi. Don't take Taehyung away from me! I beg you." Irene folded her hands in front of her, tears streaming down her face. Y/N clasped Irene's trembling hands in hers, and her own eyes filled with tears. The emotional weight of the moment was almost unbearable.

Irene's voice cracked as she continued, "Jebal (Please), I love him so much. I swear I tried not to fall for him. I tried to convince my heart that one day he might leave me, but I failed. I am so sorry, Y/N. I don't think I can live without him." She sobbed uncontrollably, the rawness of her emotions laid bare.

My heart ached at the sight of Irene's desperation. She had loved Taehyung deeply, and seeing Irene in such pain brought back memories of her own heartbreak. But I had come to understand that love was about wanting the best for the person you care about, even if it meant letting them go.

"Taehyung is not going anywhere," Y/N said softly, her voice trembling with emotion. "He will stay with you, forever. I loved him more than myself, and I always wanted the best for him. I came here to confirm if he is alive and happy. He deserves to be happy, and you are his happiness. His past wasn't good. I don't want him to go through that pain again. You are the best woman for him. Always stay with him, Irene-ssi."

Irene's tears flowed even more freely at Y/N's words. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice choked with gratitude. "I promise to be the best wife for him."

Y/N took a deep breath, trying to steady her own emotions. "I know I was not the one for him. Patching things up now would be a mistake. We would always feel guilty, and Taehyung would always remember those dark days. We would both remain in the shadows. I have found my light," she glanced at Jungkook, who stood nearby, his face flushed with emotion. "And Taehyungie has too. Let's try to move on, hmm?"

Irene nodded, wiping her tears. "Thank you so much. Your understanding means the world to me."

Just then, Taehyung entered the room, oblivious to the emotional exchange that had just taken place. "Sorry, did I miss something?" he asked, noticing the traces of tears on their faces. " why are you crying?"

"I was cutting onions," Irene lied quickly, her voice steady despite the emotions still swirling inside her.

"But the counter is clean," he pointed out, his confusion deepening.

"That's because I kept them aside, you pabo!" she retorted playfully, giving him a light punch on the stomach. Her attempt to divert his attention worked, and Taehyung rubbed his nape in embarrassment.

I cleared my throat to interrupt the lovebirds, reminding them of the presence of others. Taehyung quickly composed himself, turning his attention to Y/N. "Sorry, let us get back to the conversation?" he addressed her, trying to sound casual.

"It's okay," Y/N replied with a soft laugh. "I came here to thank you for accepting our deal. I didn't get a chance to meet you that day." She laughed again, her tone light. "You're almost a celebrity in our office."