@scifiwriter

For @sarsar14 and her amazing idea!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you're not famous. You don't have a bajillion votes or a trillion reads on your works. You don't have the amount of followers to challenge Harry Styles's millions of followers on Twitter. Heck, you've barely even have good covers for your books.

Like nearly every writer on Wattpad, you want your works to be recognized on a grand scale... through Wattpad fame. But how? How on Earth are you ever going to get there? It seems like everyone around you wants to be Wattpad famous, so how is there ever going to be room for you? 

I may not have the answer to your questions, but I might be able to help you lay the groundwork for a profile page and list of works worthy of challenging Harry Styles's Twitter followers to a fight-to-the-death.

1.) Have hope. I read somewhere that Wattpad was built on a special algorithm that says through a numerical formula "If you're capable of getting famous on the site, then you will." So get happy and stay happy! You will be famous someday!

2.) Re-do your profile. The first thing a reader will see is your profile, so make it as attractive as Dylan O'Brien.

   a.) Profile Pictures: Make sure your profile pic and background pic match. The easiest way to do that is to have a plain background with a cool picture or vice versa.

   b.) Bios: Your bio is best when it's short and catchy. Pull your reader in with a quote or a small snippet of explaining your works/yourself. More is less :)

   c.) Ideas: I find that the famous Wattpadders do things like only using lowercase in their bios or making themes for their reading lists. Don't feel pressured to do so; just be yourself!

3.) Start your books off the right way. This ranges from a good cover to a summary to a stellar ending chapter.

   a.) Covers: Covers are the next things that readers see. Make your cover match your book the best you can. Find a good photo on We Heart It (app) and then add text of effects using PicCollage (app) or any other photo editors you like. There are unlimited ways to make great covers FOR FREE! 

i.) Help: If you don't want to make your own, just search "cover maker" or "book covers" in the search box on Wattpad. People specialize in making great covers for people, so use your resources!

4.) Gather your plot ideas. Pick a genre and a rough idea of what you want to occur. I find it best to iron out the details while writing rather than planning all the details; it's more fun that way :)

5.) Pick character names! This part is the best part. Simply use a first name/last name generator or Google girl names/guy names.

6.) Write you book's bio/summary blurb. Keep it general, and don't be afraid to use more than a paragraph. Include suspense if possible by ending/starting with a question. Above all, do not give away any spoilers.

7.) Write you chapters, and try to update on a register basis, whether it's once a week or once every two weeks.

8.) Author's Notes, or more commonly abbreviated A/N, are essential to Wattpad. Adding cute little notes or thank you's connect you with your reader, and some people enjoy reading your thoughts after an intense update :)

9.) And finally: LOVE YOUR READERS! If they love your work, then appreciate their love just as much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I send a special thank you to @sarsar14 for starting this amazing idea for a book. Thanks for this great opportunity, and lots of luck and love for your writing career and future!

-scifiwriter

~~~~~