October 31st: Trick or Treat

"I'm so excited to go trick or treating!", my younger sister yelled.
"Don't be", I groaned. I was fourteen years old and I knew no one would give me candy. I was just there for my little sister. Mom had had such a hard year, I agreed to take her, but I didn't want to. The whole night, I walked around in the neighborhood, listening to my little sister yelling,

'Let's go to this house', 'let's go to this house', let's go to this house', let's go to this house', let's go to this house'.
I was getting very annoyed, but that soon ended when I took my sister to a house.
"Trick or treat!", she said. The woman smiled and gave her candy. I looked to my left and saw a house with a sign.
For kids over 13, it said.
I could eat candy in this place.
"Who lives there?", I asked the lady.
"The neighbor. I don't know much about her, but I guess she's giving candy out", she said.
"Stay here", I said to my little sister.

I walked over to the house. It was old and rustic. I was a little nervous, but the woman seemed friendly.
"Hello", she said.
"Trick or treat", I said in my most childish voice.
"Oh, pish posh, enough of that", she said, "I know why you're here. You're too old for candy, and you came here"
"Well, yes", I said, feeling ashamed of myself.
"Well, I'm glad you did, come inside, the candy's there", she said.
I was a little hesitant to go inside the house, but I figured it wouldn't be too long. I'd just grab

my candy and leave. I walked inside the house and it was very dark. The floor creaked. I saw a wooden table in the center. On the chair was my little sister, and the woman was holding a knife to her neck. The woman became a red, devilish monster. I screamed, my sister screamed. I tried to set her free, we tried to leave, but the woman shut us in.