Chapter seven "Why'd you leave?"

Since Uncle Jake had gotten home, things had been a bit tense between him and Henry. Henry thought their mother was to trusting, as always, which caused Jake to feel it was his duty to stand up for Red and Mr. Canis.

After Red overheard their conversation at breakfast, Jake decided to confront Henry and convince him to be more trusting once and for all. Unfortunately, Henry had other ideas.

"Henry," Jake said as he walked into his room, "we need to talk. What you said about Mom and Red this morning, it needs to stop." "Stop what?" Asked Henry, "protecting my family?" "We're all your family," replied Jake, "not just your wife and kids." "Yeah, you and mom are," Henry said, "but not Mr. Canis or Red. Look I know they wouldn't do anything to hurt us intentionally, but Red's a little girl. She can't control that monster inside her."

"What do you think she's been doing for the past 5 months, huh?" Jake asked him. "Jake, what's this about?" Henry asked, "I know you don't care that much, or else you wouldn't have just up and left." "I didn't just up and leave!" Jake said, "I took Puck to see the world! The kid's been cooped up here his whole life! Besides, I thought you be happy I got him away from Sabrina."

"I'm not talking about this time!" Henry shouted, his voice cracking, "I'm talking about when... when dad died. We really needed you. I really needed you, and you just left!" "You didn't need me!" Jake said, a lump rising in his throat and tears forming in his eyes, "I'm the whole reason he... I have to go."

Jake left the room and Henry sighed. "After all these years, he still blames himself," Henry thought.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So this chapter is a bit weird but I didn't want this to just be a Puckbrina fanfic. Let me know what you think of this plot line. Picture of Uncle Jake (played by Scott Michael Foster) at the beginning of the chapter. I'll try to update soon. Thanks, Love!
Kisses,
-A