Ch. 55 "Lay All Your Love On Me"

FINAL CHAPTER! I want to thank everyone who has supported this story from the start! It means everything to me! Make sure to vote & comment since it'll be the last time :(

I just got really emotional bc my One Tree Hill episode played Collide (Kyssidy's song) it's destiny

feel free to watch the Mamma Mia clip attached :)

Chapter 55

two years later

"Oh my gosh! Luke! It's Chris Evans! Does my hair look okay? Oh gosh, he's coming over here! Everyone, remain calm! Act cool!"

Luke rolls his eyes, shaking Chris's hand like it's nothing. "Sup."

"Yeah, sup," I say in an attempt to be cool and give one of those cool head nods.

He smiles before moving past us to talk to more reporters, his arm grazing my own. I peed.

"Luke," I whisper, "I have to go to the bathroom."

"Cassidy, you can't pee your pants every time you see a celebrity. We're at the Oscars, what did you expect?"

I let out a deep breath. "This is my first award show and it's the Oscars. Let me pee my pants!"

"Do I want to know?" Kyle asks teasingly as he wraps an arm around my waist. "I think it's time to start heading in now."

The movie was a big hit. Leonardo, Meryl, and Kyle all have nominations for their roles in the film. I've only seen it like twelve times and can tell you from my completely unbiased opinion that it deserves all of the awards.

Kyle has been to award show after award show, all of them leading up to this one. I didn't go to the others because of school, but there was no way I was missing the Oscars.

Speaking of school, I got an internship at the New York Times. It's been everything I've dreamed of thus far. And to have my boyfriend living with me in New York makes it all worthwhile.

As for everyone else, they're still strong as ever. Trent graduated from college and got a job out by Emerson's. They live together in a cute little apartment.

Braden and Derek didn't quite work out, but at least Derek now knows what he wants. Braden is fine with living the single life from what he's told me.

Anthony and Willow are making it through with their long distance relationship.

Laura and my dad are thinking about adopting, though Frankie doesn't really agree with the idea. He likes being the only child.

As for Kyle and his family, things have gotten much better. It started with Haley mending their relationship, which slowly resulted in his parents wanting that forgiveness. Kyle is still skeptical, but I know he's happier now that there's no true hatred.

"Oh my gosh! It's-"

"Cassie, shut up!" Luke cries in annoyance.

"But it's Anne Hathaway!" I gasp as the actress walks past us to find her seat. "And now Logan Lerman. Excuse me while I freak out."

"Hey, Logan," Luke greets the celebrity calmly. "Our seats are next to each other, right?"

Logan nods and leads us to our seats. We're relatively close to the stage, which will only make me pass out every time someone famous comes on stage...which is the whole show.

I pull out my phone quickly to check if I have any messages.

"Hey," Logan Lerman speaks to me. Yes, Logan Lerman is speaking to me. "Is that me?"