Chapter 11

The days flew by and soon one fine day Sirius woke up to a bunch of presents at the head of his bed

The days flew by and soon one fine day Sirius woke up to a bunch of presents at the head of his bed. He scrunched up his nose in confusion but after closely looking at the writings on the wrapped gifs he remembered the date. 3rd of November. His birthday.

Soon he heard the obnoxious voice of James Potter, singing off pitch on the top of his voice. "Shut up, you stag!", shouted Sirius.

James walked out of the washroom with a towel draped around his waist and exclaimed, "The birthday baby is up!! Look Remus."

Sirius noticed that Remus was unsuccessfully trying to tie his shoelaces with one hand while his other dorm mate was still sound asleep.

"Happy Birthday Pads. Open the damn presents", exclaimed James impatiently. Instantly as if on cue the door opened and walked in Eleanor.

"Happy I-graced-everyone-by-crawling-to-Earth-from-hell Day", she joked. Sirius gave her a look at her weird choice of words and started opening the gifts one by one.

The first one he opened was an elegantly wrapped gift with a note which he immediately recognised was from his parents.

To our eldest son,

May you put this to good use.

From,

Mother and Father.

Sirius opened the gift and was soon met with the sight of a book on pureblood etiquettes and behaviour with the Black crest engraved on it's cover. He immediately threw it at the side and hurried to the next packet.

Peter had given him a bag of sweets and some prank stuff from the Zonkos. Remus had given him the new AC/DC record, which he absolutely loved and some quills and chocolates.

James on the other hand had bought a poster of a bikini clad muggle model (to add to his ever growing collection at which Remus, Peter and Eleanor shook their heads in exasperation), some expensive hair care products but the thing Sirius liked the most was the personalised mix tape. James had updated it with all of Sirius' favourite muggle/wizard songs and some of his own favourites too.

"This is so cool, mate!!", Sirius said in awe. "Well, I need service charges.", James said with a grin.

Sirius also received a box of hair gel and some chocolates from his cousin, Andromeda, who was, well now removed from the family for marrying a muggleborn. Andromeda was the only member towards whom Sirius had respect left in his heart as she wasn't a blood fanatic nor was a psycho like the rest of his family.

Sirius was broken from his chain of thoughts when Eleanor urged him to open her gift. He pulled out an unwrapped packet and took out a stylish and sophisticated black leather jacket. He looked at it in awe.

"It's that jacket!" Eleanor simply smirked at him, "Yeah I know. Thank Merlin for my exceptionally good observation skills. I saw you eyeing it in the shop the previous day. Now hurry and put it on."