A/N

There's like literally almost no stories made about Atticus Finch x Reader. I decided to change that. Years ago, I did found a good Atticus x Reader story on Wattpad, but now I can't seem to find it. I came across another story about Atticus x Reader, this time made by @DisneyFreak_1. The story is excellent, and I'm glad that Atticus is getting attention! He's honestly one of the most caring men I ever saw in movies. Sad that he isn't alive anymore... 

I did read fanfiction of Atticus there, and many fans call his wife Jean so I believe that it's her real name. Some little girls wear the names of their mothers since Scout's real name is Jean. I have a second name and it wears the name of my grandmother. She introduced To Kill a Mockingbird to me and I fell in love with it ever since. When I got older, I forgot the movie completely. So, when I saw it again now, I fell inside an inspiration. Harper Lee wrote her past there like she had a lawyer father, an older brother, a best friend and her mother died young. I decided to write my own story about my past. As a child, I didn't have it easy so I want to teach other kids that life is hard. And don't worry, I will not steal the book of Harper since I know that it's strictly illegal. It's way different because I have a mom but I don't have a dad. Like Scout and Jem don't have a mom but they do have an amazing father.

I recommend you to watch the movie to follow the scenes and parts of it. This story is based on the movie.

Small info about the reader: Y/N is a powerful female lawyer and an author. She's also Jean's (Atticus' wife) best friend since childhood. Atticus doesn't know, but his wife did tell him about her childhood best friend. Y/N will move to Maycomb of course and meets Atticus, his kids, and others.