Prologue

Ah, Maycomb... described as the town as old, tired, and suffocating. Maycomb was also sharply geographically divided along class lines. It was also the Great Depression there. 

A gorgeous powerful woman named Y/N L/N just moved into Maycomb. She was looking for a new chapter in her life after a tragic accident in the previous town she lived once... She kept it a secret, making up lies to not be questioned a lot. She's not just an original woman, she was a powerful lawyer and was known very well in her previous town by everyone. What was that secret of hers, you may ask? She defends a lot of black people. She didn't want others to find out until she got caught, making so many people call her bad names and even trying to kill her, thinking that she's secretly also a black one while actually, she's not black, just white. Y/N became sick of it that she moved out and she came across Maycomb. 

She heard about that town thanks to her best friend from childhood, Jean Finch. She's married to Atticus Finch, a respected lawyer in Maycomb. They also had together 2 children: Jem and Scout. Life was normal for them until Jean died from a heart attack... It broke Atticus a lot while Jem and Scout were young at the time, so there were not many memories. Well, Jem was only 6 at the time when his mother died so he has some memories. Scout was only 3 at the time, so she was small. Atticus tried his best to raise and be a good father. He hired a maid named Calpurnia in order that his kids could have food in the time since he's hard and busy working. She was a good maid and kind, yet she's stern sometimes. She keeps an eye on the kids every time, especially when Atticus was away.

Y/N started to write books when she became a lawyer. She showed interest in writing when she was a teen and Jean read in fact all books that her best friend wrote. She loved them! She supported Y/N throughout her whole life until she moved to college. The girls sadly lost contact but they wrote letters to each other. Y/N managed to publish her first book when she became a lawyer and send a package to Jean her book for free since she's her best friend. Jean congratulated her a lot and even wrote that she had a boyfriend named Atticus Finch, also a lawyer but was respected and they together lived in Maycomb. Y/N felt happy, especially when she read that Jean was getting married. She sadly didn't attend the wedding due to hard-working and a death threatening she got... Y/N sends an apology present to Jean. She forgave her and understood. What a good friend she was. Jean even send a photo of an actual baby. Jem was born. Y/N was very happy that she send a present to congratulate her and Atticus. She did it again when Scout was born. The powerful female lawyer has photos of Jem and Scout. Sadly, Jean died of a heart attack. How did Y/N found out? Jean's mother was a very old woman and she made a phone call, telling her the sad news. Y/N became devastated since she lost her best friend... but she actually promised even to herself that she will fight, move on, and protect the ones she loved. 

She kept her work a secret when she moved into Maycomb. Her new chapter started there. But what she didn't know was that she'll find love and protect the ones she truly loves...