Quest for Answers

Scene 23: Lost in Thought

Jaxon's POV

After my uncle told me what happened to my father I started to believe that there was more to the story than that.

I knew Uncle Stefan was hiding the truth, so I decided it'd be best to go straight to the source.

3rd Person POV

Damon Salvatore had been at the Mystic Grill for over an hour. Some could imagine he had gotten drunk during that time, but in reality he was sulking.

Damon had become aware to the fact that he was a little harsh with his son.

The truth was that Damon was scared. He didn't want to lose Jaxon just as he got him back.

However, his brother Stefan spoke to him and made him see that there was nothing he needed to worry about.

Damon also recognized something else throughout his lonely visit to the bar. That he and Elijah were both experiencing the same thing. So, Damon came to the decision that he would try and make amends with the Mikaelson.

He would also give his son permission to see Ezra.

Because Damon knew mates were rare. To find your other half so soon like Jaxon had, this wasn't something Damon could take away.

Scene 24: Salvatore on a Mission

Jaxon's POV

As I sat in the living room going over exactly what I'd say to dad I heard the front door open.

I could tell who it was just by their scent. My father always smelled like bourbon and fresh rain.

This fact was just confirmed when I made eye contact. Brown orbs staring into blue. I was once told that I received my mother's eyes. Her hair apparently as well.

However, I cleared my head from these thoughts as my father came over and sat down. He sat in the chair right in front of me, and struck up a conversation that I never thought I'd hear.

"I just want you to know that I'm sorry, son. I hadn't realized that what I did would end up hurting you. I want you to be able to see your mate. I want you to be happy. If your Uncle Stefan hadn't straightened me out and made me realize that what I did was wrong you could have died. Do you understand what I'm telling you?"

Dad looked me straight in the eyes expecting me to answer yes or no, but there was just one thought in the forefront of my brain.

"Ezra's my mate?!"

Damon's POV

Jaxon was completely thrown for a loop when I revealed this news to him.

The fact completely slipped my mind that I hadn't explained to my son what mates are.

I guess this is where it gets complicated.