Prom Night

Scene 1: Shocked and Nervous

Walking into your Junior Prom should make you feel excited, bubbly, ecstatic, but for some reason you weren't feeling all that. Spending hours braiding, curling, and spraying your hair as well as fixing your makeup to the point of perfection had put you in a state of shock. You just couldn't believe that the night you had been waiting for all year had finally come. Until you walked through the double glass doors...

"Hey Ezra! You look amazing!!"

You were at a standstill,

"Hey guys, look who's here!"

Motionless and speechless.

"Ezra!!! You made it!!"

You had no clue what was happening.

"Is this Jaxon?"

So, you just played it off.

"Hey guys! Yeah, this is Jaxon. Jaxon, these are my friends."

"It's nice to meet you." Brianna, a girl I met the previous school year said.

"So, this is a party?" Jaxon worriedly spoke, nerves getting the best of him.

"It sure is! Hi, I'm Ella, Ezra's best friend! Sorry, I wasn't here when you arrived. You must be Jaxon." Ella held out her hand for him to shake.

Jaxon timidly grasped it and gave it a tiny wiggle. He immediately apologized after, but Ella reassured him that there was nothing to be sorry for.

Ezra could feel an awkwardness settle in, so she offered Jaxon her hand and pulled him onto the dance floor.

"I'm gonna be honest. I'm not very good at dancing." Jaxon confessed with a slight grimace.

"Oh yeah. Well, that's great! Cause I suck, too." Ezra gave a light hearted laugh which caused Jaxon to smile a bit. "We'll make fools of ourselves together. How's that sound?"

"That sounds great." Jaxon looked up when he thought he heard something, but shook it off as he and his friend danced to the music.

A little while later a slow song came on which the two teens were grateful for since they were wore out from all the songs before.

"Would you like something to drink?" A woman who looked to be in her mid-30s asked when she noticed Ezra and Jaxon walk by.

"Yes please." Ezra told her.

"How about you?" She asked Jaxon.

"A coke would be fine. Thank you." Jaxon stood a little off to the side while Ezra told the woman what she wanted. He was still hearing that sound, and couldn't quite figure it out. He decided he would ask Ezra about it.

Once Ezra was served her drink Jaxon went ahead and asked her.

"Hey, um, Ezra?" Jaxon was still a bit shy, but not as much as before.

"Yeah?" Ezra could tell her friend was still feeling a bit uneasy, so she tried her best to make him feel more comfortable. She attempted to be more polite and not as energetic as she normally would be. She wanted tonight to be fun for the both of them.

"I just thought I'd ask you if, um, not to be weird or anything, but have you been hearing like some sort of buzzing/whishing sound at all?" Jaxon prayed to God that his new friend wouldn't think he was weird or anything if she hadn't heard what he did.

"Now that you mention it, I think I did. I just assumed it was the stereo or the music or something." Jaxon's question had peaked Ezra's curiosity. It now had her wondering what it was and where it was coming from.