Road to Happiness, Maybe

Scene 11: Breakdown

Ezra's POV

About a week has passed since I drank my first blood bag. I'm not gonna lie. It was pretty disgusting, but it helped me feel better. Don't worry. I'm not starving myself. I've been drinking just enough blood to properly function.

Also, I'm happy to announce that I've started getting used to this world and the people in it. It did indeed take me a lot longer than it did Jaxon. And he was sure to rub it in my face. But, I didn't mind, cause it just meant that I'm finally going to be happy.

I'm finally going to get the life I always wanted.

I was brought up to speed about everything I could do vampire wise. My abilities are much more advanced than Jaxon's, but that's because I'm an Original and he's not.

I also decided that I wouldn't be attending school just yet. I just felt like I wasn't quite ready, and of course, my family understood completely.

I've started calling everyone by the appropriate names. To be honest, it is a little weird still to call Elijah, dad, but he doesn't seem to think so. Even after I told him what I told Uncle Klaus about the fact that they were essentially fictional characters in a TV show it didn't seem to bother him.

Uncle Kol on the other hand totally freaked out when I mentioned it. The moment reminded me of when I had told my friend about how his ego was as big as an elephant which caused me to freeze up a bit.

To me it was stupid how I still wasn't over what happened so long ago.

And of course, I had yet to tell my family.

Uncle Klaus knew something had happened since the first day. He told me he could tell in my expression. It made me curse myself and from then on I made sure to have a mask.

But, the mask had started to crumble and bits and pieces of the truth were slowly starting to come out.

Kol's POV

At first Ezra had a wide smile on her face, but then it was gone in a flash. She seemed to have froze and then I remembered what Nik had said on the first day she was here.

"She's overwhelmed. I don't know too much about her and what happened in her old life, but I know what she's after. She's after blood."

What happened in her old life, ...

At that very moment I knew something was up. Something must have happened to her in the past for her to be acting like this. The more I thought about it the more I started to realize. My brother must've knew something had happened as well cause he wasn't his normal self that night either.

I honestly thought it'd be smart to just ask Ezra if anything happened, but what happened afterwards definitely proved me wrong.

"Ezra, did something happen to you in your past life?"

As soon as those words escaped me tears started flooding down her cheeks. I had no clue what to do. Ezra had never cried before. Well, she did when she was small, but not so much when she was older.

I literally was stuck. I didn't have a solution. So, I did the only thing I could think of. I hugged her.

This just seemed to make it worse, but I didn't dare let go. I now knew that something happened, so I swore to myself that I wouldn't allow anything else to happen to my niece as long as I was alive.

Scene 12: Panic Mode

Klaus' POV

I was excited to get back home. I had bought Ezra a famous Mystic Grill cheeseburger that I wanted her to try. To be honest, I wanted to know if they tasted any different from the ones in her world.

But, when I got there it seemed I had stumbled into an emotional warzone.

"What's happened?!" I asked frantically as my brother Kol seemed to be trying to avoid an oncoming panic attack.

"I said something to Ezra and she started crying! I didn't know what to do, so I hugged her, but then she started hyperventilating and got more upset and just ran out."

Kol looked upset and remorseful that he had caused this. But, what upset me was the fact that he wasn't looking for her. "Why are you not looking for her then?!"

For the first time since we were kids I saw Kol cry. "I just thought I would give her time. A-and sp-space. I didn't know w-what t-to do!"

I got down on my knees and wrapped my brother in a hug. I knew he was taking this hard because he thought it was his fault.

Kol's tears gradually came to a stop when suddenly the front door opened. The two of us probably looked like a couple deer stuck in headlights cause Ezra's father was the one to walk in.

Elijah's POV

I was honestly beginning to think that my decision of letting Ezra stay with Kol was a bad idea. I was only more convinced the moment I walked through the door.

The first thing I saw was Kol and Niklaus with looks of bewilderment and worry.

This caused me to grow frantic.

"What happened? Where's Ezra?"

Neither of them would answer me, but then Kol finally explained what happened and I immediately rushed outside.

The one thought playing on loop in my mind was what Kol had said to my daughter.