Fatherhood

Scene 21: Anxious Originals

The next morning Ezra woke up surrounded by her aunt and two uncles.

They hadn't left her.

"Good morning, Angel." Kol gruffly greeted having sensed his niece waking up.

Ezra didn't respond which confused Kol. Until he noticed her staring at the figure stood at the door.

Kol gave a slight growl and wrapped his arm protectively around his niece.

The guttural noise had caused the others to wake up and soon they too noticed their brother standing before them.

Ezra attempted to get out of the bed, but her uncle wouldn't let her. She gave Kol a look that told him to let her go. He was hesitant at first, but then slowly unraveled his arm from around her.

Ezra sped out of her father's bed and tackled Elijah into a giant hug.

He wrapped his arms around his daughter not letting her go until he told her he loved her. He wasn't going to lose her. Not again.

Elijah made sure to explain to Ezra why he left. She soon came to the understanding that he wasn't exactly an expert on all things related to fatherhood. Especially single fatherhood.

Ezra made sure to tell him that it was alright and she was better now.

Elijah didn't seem to think so, though.

Kol's POV

I didn't like how Ezra had forgiven her father so quickly. His reason for his actions, or in my mind, his 'excuse', just didn't seem to sit right with me. In my head I was thinking there was more to it than that. So, I decided to follow Elijah around not caring if he saw me or not. I just wanted to make sure my niece was ok.

At the moment she was eating breakfast, so I decided to join her. Elijah was pouring a glass of juice which wasn't odd for him since he was a juice drinker. I then decided I'd make myself some toast.

Ezra's POV

I knew what my uncle was doing. He was being overprotective. If he was worried about my dad doing something then he was being anxious for nothing. My dad just made a mistake. That's all. Nobody is perfect, so I let it slide. Plus, it's not like it was his intention to hurt me.

A few seconds later my phone went off. To my surprise it was a text from Jaxon.

How it was even possible for him to be able to contact me would remain a mystery.

Message From:

Jaxon

Hey, we need to talk. Let me know when you're available.

"Who's that?" Uncle Kol asked as he lingered above my shoulder from behind my chair.

"Just a friend." I murmured.

Uncle Kol raised his eyebrows and then made a comment that had my dad spit out his juice.

"Aunt Bekah told you, didn't she?" I got up out of my seat and went to put my plate in the sink. I then rushed upstairs to find Aunt Bekah herself smirking at me.

She gave a little giggle when she saw my pout. She ruffled my hair and said, "He was gonna find out eventually."

I just huffed and hid in my room.

Elijah's POV

I didn't know what was going through my daughter's head at the time, but the proof is all there. I just needed confirmation.