Family Above All

Scene 13: Aunt Bekah

Rebekah's POV

My day hadn't been very eventful until I got a call from my brother informing me of my niece's current status. This caused me to go into full out protective mode. If you thought the men were protective then you haven't met Aunt Bekah.

"Good thing I put a location app on her phone." I mumbled to myself.

I ended up tracking Ezra all the way to the Salvatore Boarding House.

My niece must've come to see her friend if she was distressed like Klaus had mentioned.

I hurried along to the front door and went to ring the doorbell when I realized the door was slightly ajar.

Thinking nothing of it I let myself right in, but boy was that a bad decision.

Ezra was pressed up against the wall by who I assumed was her friend, Jaxon. Not only was she that close to him, they were kissing.

I honestly didn't want anything to ruin their moment, but Damon freaking Salvatore decided to make an appearance.

Damon's POV

When I saw what my son was doing with Ezra I immediately tore them apart. I would not in a million years allow this relationship to happen. My son would not date a Mikaelson.

"Dad! What the hell?!" Jaxon never had an attitude like this, but I guess you could blame it on teenage hormones.

"You will stay away from her. Do you hear me? I thought I could give you a chance, but now that I know you have feelings for her I cannot allow it. I'm sorry, but as long as I'm your father you will not date a Mikaelson. Am I clear?"

It took him a few seconds before he replied in a tiny voice.

"Yes."

Scene 14: A Father's Love

Elijah's POV

Rebekah had found Ezra over at the Salvatore Residence, but she wouldn't tell me what happened. My fatherly instinct made me assume the worst, so I rushed to my daughter's bedroom to see if what I thought was true.

When I opened the door, though, I could see she was sound asleep.

The past Ezra wouldn't have minded me slipping in beside her. But, this Ezra, I wasn't so sure about.

I decided to give it a try. She was asleep anyway, right?

As I crept up to her bedside I pulled back the covers and nestled in. She didn't make any movement, so I assumed she was in a deep sleep.

I carefully wrapped an arm around her waist tugging her closer. I felt her body stiffen, but then gradually relax.

This made me happy that she finally accepted me as her father.

A sudden memory came to mind and I was instantly remembering something Niklaus had told me.

"On the first night Ezra was here it wasn't until she had her first blood bag that she gave a true smile. I guess I got lucky since I was the first to see it."

When I heard this it made me, much to my dismay, a bit jealous. I didn't mean to be. It was just the fact that Ezra is my daughter, so I thought that I deserved to be the first to see her smile. To be the cause of it would've been even better.

But, that was all in the past.

I decided to take this current moment instead to make my daughter feel safe and loved.

I kept my arm wrapped tightly around her, so she knew I was here and she was safe.

But then I took it one step further.

I whispered in her ear.

"You're alright, little one. I'm here. Daddy's here. Nothing is going to harm you as long as I'm here."

Sadly, it took me a bit of courage to say the last thought on my mind.

"I love you."

To my horror, she started to stir. I thought she would try and pull away, but to my surprise she stayed nestled up next to me.

Then, when I thought I couldn't get any happier,

"I love you too, Dad." She mumbled.

That night was the first night I had actually been able to sleep properly in a very long time.

And it was all thanks to her.