REUNION

☹︎

☹︎

i groan. i watch the two on two games on the sideline with my own partner, a first year, also a wing spiker.

i believe her name was Aiko but i'm not quite sure. i wasn't really paying attention when she introduced herself to me. i hate introductions. they're so awkward.

yes hi my name is [name]. it's nice to meet you.

what happens after that? you stand there awkwardly until you're told what to do.

but in this case my partner already knew my name because i'm the captain, so she introduced herself quietly, i nodded to her then i began talking to my vice captain.

i zone out and decide to talk to Akaashi.

"please help me."

"what did you do?"

"i forgot this girls name. she's a first year trying out." i think to him.

"[name] you need to remember peoples names that's an important life skill." Akaashi scolds.

i groan inwardly.

"but i hate it." i whine.

"[name]-san it's our turn to play." my partner taps on my shoulder.

i shake my head and stand up.

i'm not disappointed we're on the same team. she's a good setter and she's got some height. she's five eight. we make a pretty good sized duo.

i've grown another inch and a half, making me almost one hundred and eighty centimetres. long story short i'm almost six feet tall.

"sorry about that. Aiko. was it Aiko? i'm so sorry i'm so bad with names." i murmur.

"Aiko is my first name, but if that's what you want to call me then feel free to.." she smiles at me.

"i've changed my mind i like this girl."

"thanks." we walk onto the court to play against one of the second years and a snotty first year.

"you aren't a setter right? can you just get the ball up high enough?" i ask Aiko.

"i'll do my best." she replies.

"okay. if i can get to the ball i'll receive it. then i just need you to get it up." she nods at me.

the annoying first year serves first, sending it to me. i smirk. she's making it quite obvious that she wants to tussle.